[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

5 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

She's a lover not a fighter.Slant six 225.

Gonna put dual carb, headers, dual exhaust on though and do a few more tweaks. You can get the slant6 to become a little powerhouse....kind of a cult engine.

I dont know how you quoted my post from the music thread and plopped it here though? haha.

You can't kill those slant6 ers. I have a 67 Mustang myself. 289, 4barrel. Not a powerhouse but it's done up nice. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Would be damn cool to have all three Hughes brothers what a dynamic trio that would be 

Tocc would have to allow pond hockey with that trio lol.

Everyone should see the NJ overtime goal with Jack and Luke. Especially if you are a canucks fan.

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

You can't kill those slant6 ers. I have a 67 Mustang myself. 289, 4barrel. Not a powerhouse but it's done up nice. 

Nice!

Yeah the Slant6 started up pretty easy after sleeping for 20 years. Needed new this and thats but it is driving real smooth now. 350,000 miles and counting. I have seen some guys online getting them juiced up pretty good so i am sticking with the old 'bullet proof' engine.

20 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Show me a time when Garland played like Marchand?

Hoglander is playing more like Marchand than Garland is.

The person I was replying to was making a blanket statement that all small players have trouble in the playoffs. In no way, was I comparing Marchand with Garland. My statement was showing that his statement was non-factual as there are indeed small players that still do well in the playoffs.

Being a small person myself, I very much find myself working harder than most people due to people making ignorant statements about small people just because we're.... small. If you tell me I can't do something in sports I'll make it my mission to prove you dead wrong. lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Nice!

Yeah the Slant6 started up pretty easy after sleeping for 20 years. Needed new this and thats but it is driving real smooth now. 350,000 miles and counting. I have seen some guys online getting them juiced up pretty good so i am sticking with the old 'bullet proof' engine.

Unreal. Crazy the old girl can crank up after sitting 20 years. Keeping a classic ride running is so satisfying, and I take a lot of pride in it, and so should you. Cool hobby.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tusk said:

no one ever is as much as an asshole canadian than Marchant.

To even be compared to that fucker is an insult. I am sure he was born in Greenland not Canada

Like him or not (and I don't like him either for the record), he's still a small player who has performed in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Unreal. Crazy the old girl can crank up after sitting 20 years. Keeping a classic ride running is so satisfying, and I take a lot of pride in it, and so should you. Cool hobby.

20 years? isnt that like 40 or 50 years. VTech was in my 86 honda prelude.

11 minutes ago, Tusk said:

20 years? isnt that like 40 or 50 years. VTech was in my 86 honda prelude.

the engine and car are 1976...it sat for 20years till a few months back.

If Zad was an engine...I'm thinking maybe a 426 hemi

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

To be fair. We all have opinions. for example I want to trade petterson to NJ for jack and Luke hughes. I bet even alf would do that

I’m not against opinion, never.

what I’m saying is opinion is meaningless if you’re not conceding facts that argue against your point. If you deny those things then you’re just being self-righteous. FFS even Tocchet has pointed out how valuable Garland’s play has been. Nuff said. 

58 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I’m not against opinion, never.

what I’m saying is opinion is meaningless if you’re not conceding facts that argue against your point. If you deny those things then you’re just being self-righteous. FFS even Tocchet has pointed out how valuable Garland’s play has been. Nuff said. 

Coach may be damning with faint praise (A.Pope), working with Patrik Allvin to keep Garland's value up for the kind of deal for which I personally hope.

Sure Garland is helping the team right now; but there is no assurance he will help once other players return from injury and from trades and from moving up from Abby.

A trade of Garland could yield a few things I want and I don't think he needs to bring back a defenceman per se.

I think Garland could bring back cap space for sure and for term because we can replace him from within moving up wingers.

More importantly, a trade will open up a roster spot for a big, fast, and tough winger who can drop the mitts and hold his own.

And we might even get more than a 5th for him like PA did with Beauvillier, who is also opening up a 4th line spot for a bookend bruising winger.

(I know what your point about Alf is, but let's just drop that now, ok?)

15 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Coach may be damning with faint praise (A.Pope), working with Patrik Allvin to keep Garland's value up for the kind of deal for which I personally hope.

Sure Garland is helping the team right now; but there is no assurance he will help once other players return from injury and from trades and from moving up from Abby.

A trade of Garland could yield a few things I want and I don't think he needs to bring back a defenceman per se.

I think Garland could bring back cap space for sure and for term because we can replace him from within moving up wingers.

More importantly, a trade will open up a roster spot for a big, fast, and tough winger who can drop the mitts and hold his own.

And we might even get more than a 5th for him like PA did with Beauvillier, who is also opening up a 4th line spot for a bookend bruising winger.

(I know what your point about Alf is, but let's just drop that now, ok?)

You are watching the games?

Please tell me where Garland has been a liability.  Hard to do, right?

My point is he’s contributing well now to wins. That’s all. Yes he may provide value in other ways through his departure, BUT he’s been an important piece in the meantime that warrants recognition. Yet we keep hearing the same bullshit from the same mouths who fail to appreciate what certain players being to this team. If you root for the team, root for the whole fuckin team to succeed instead of being insulting, condescending and socially obnoxious about players who are providing heart and soul performances to the club. It’s nonsensical. You know what I mean? Calling a guy a pipsqueak and a midget and shit is bunk while he’s still giving 100% to the club in spite of likely wanting a larger role here or elsewhere, is admirable and what we require from this club as part of its identity. INTEGRITY. Need more of it within the fan base.

it’s fine to dislike a player and believe there are better options. It’s also respectful to acknowledge that they may actually be helping  the club in interim. Why that’s so fucking hard for some people to do is beyond me.

I have no problem at all with talking about his trade value, his return, his cap space and what it might represent as positives. I also would like to see if his cap hit can provide something better for the long haul. That said, it shows no class to demean a player in the meantime who is an active, measurable participant in winning games rather than a simple passenger. 

/end rant.

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

You are watching the games?

Pleader tell me where Garland has been a liability.  Hard to do, right?

My point is he’s contributing well now to wins. That’s all. Yes he may provide value in other ways through his departure, BUT he’s been an important piece in the meantime that warrants recognition. Yet we keep hearing the same bullshit from the same mouths who fail to appreciate what certain players being to this team. If you root for the team, root for the whole fuckin team to succeed instead of being insulting, condescending and socially obnoxious about players who are providing heart and soul performances to the club. It’s nonsensical. You know what I mean?

it’s fine to dislike a player and believe there are better options. It’s also respectful to acknowledge that they may actually be helping  the club in interim. Why that’s so fucking hard for some people to do is beyond me.

I think everybody deserves respect (but I'm not very good at being really inclusive).

What I really, really like is laughing; this forum is the funniest thing there is.

I judge comedy firstly by whether or not I burst out laughing, the witty and deeper stuff I rank lower than something that MAKES me laugh out loud.

Sometimes these things conflict and that's life.

I also really like eating and if I don't get in there and cook it, we won't be eating it.

Cheers Bud!  

• Haha 1