[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Unsure about this. Not convinced Zadorov is anything more than a bottom pairing guy, but at least his contract is ending soon. If he's overpaid, we have a chance to re-sign him for cheaper.

At the very least, the cost isn't too bad. Might sound crazy, but I'd rather wait for a bit to see how he meshes before signing an extension.

I think the 1 year deal was key. Get someone who can help out today, rewarding the group with an upgrade and helping to manage injuries. While not preventing the team for looking for a long-term solution for a 2nd pair D in the offseason after Pettersson and Hronek are re-signed so we know how much cap is left available

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, MattJVD said:

I think the 1 year deal was key. Get someone who can help out today, rewarding the group with an upgrade and helping to manage injuries. While not preventing the team for looking for a long-term solution for a 2nd pair D in the offseason after Pettersson and Hronek are re-signed so we know how much cap is left available

Agreed. This improves our team immediately, but retains cap flexibility for next year.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

Perfect trade at the perfect time. Zadorov slips right into our top 4. Basically Beau + 3rd for Zadorov, he'll surely get resigned.

Allvin hasn't put a foot wrong so far and these moves are for the future too. 

Suddenly our defence is a lot harder to play against too. Cole, Zad, Hronek, Soucy and Myers are all big boys. Throw the best puck mover in the league on top and you've got a solid squad.

Hronek isn't really all that big. He's actually smaller than Tanev. But agree with the rest. We have two elite puck movers and Zadorov and Soucy to cause havoc. Cole as a steady veteran presence. And the Chaos Giraffe doing chaotic things.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Take your Fire Rutherford crap out of your sig.  The guy is the second coming of Scotty Bowman.  He will lead us to our first Stanley Cup ever...

Please advise me where the board rules prohibit my sig.   There is absolutely nothing that will convince me to pretend to respect the dirtbag we have for a POHO.