[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I don't mean immediately, Philly could very well slide 

I think most Canucks UFA's would be available if the right trade come along, I've already said it's unlikely Cole moves

Ah yeah I figured that's what you meant. Don't think Philly would care about Cole in that case though. Not for their second line center anyway. Yeah I agree management shouldn't lose the forest for the trees on our UFA's but at this point I think we're pretty committed to the season, as we should be. Unless we take a complete nose dive I don't see it. I could see Zadorov, or Myers move though depending on how things go down the stretch.

We'll also see what happens with Bear but Allvin's recent comments seem to suggest they've made a minimum offer and leave it up to Bear to decide. Seemingly selling him on familiarity and role.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Ah yeah I figured that's what you meant. Don't think Philly would care about Cole in that case though. Not for their second line center anyway. Yeah I agree management shouldn't lose the forest for the trees on our UFA's but at this point I think we're pretty committed to the season, as we should be. Unless we take a complete nose dive I don't see it. I could see Zadorov, or Myers move though depending on how things go down the stretch.

We'll also see what happens with Bear but Allvin's recent comments seem to suggest they've made a minimum offer and leave it up to Bear to decide. Seemingly selling him on familiarity and role.

Apparently he has a few offers, I reckon he'll end up elsewhere if more money is offered 

Not sure he's a longer term fit here, he certainly wouldn't be a top four guy going forward 

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Honestly guys and gals ,  health has been an issue for Bear,

perhaps locking him into a roster spot isn’t beneficial at all.

Looking forward to watching the upcoming  WJC . 
couple of beauty D men to keep an eye on .

F414E024-4E20-4A7D-9076-A064E970626C.thumb.jpeg.6f164bfb5bd347f299e53987f8aabce3.jpeg

I'm particularly interested in Willander, been hearing nothing but great things about him.

He has skill for sure, but he's been playing a "robust" game as well at Boston U this season, leading the team in +/- too.

He is still only 18, and definitely trending upward since we drafted him, which is good to see.

5 Tom Willander D 15 3 5 8 4 13 2005-02-09 18 Stockholm, Sweden 6.01 180

image.thumb.png.a8380e2555d86e84042a0e4c913afb44.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I'm particularly interested in Willander, been hearing nothing but great things about him.

He has skill for sure, but he's been playing a "robust" game as well at Boston U this season, leading the team in +/- too.

He is still only 18, and definitely trending upward since we drafted him, which is good to see.

5 Tom Willander D 15 3 5 8 4 13 2005-02-09 18 Stockholm, Sweden 6.01 180

image.thumb.png.a8380e2555d86e84042a0e4c913afb44.png

Dman Petey plays a smart shillful robust game   ..   

have to re-check the prospects list ,. But we have some beauties.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

No doubt about D-Petey too et al!

add to Petterson, Lehtermaki Willander …

Finally, for the United States, 2023 third-round pick Hunter Brzustewicz is listed as an extra, but could very well play himself into the team's lineup with a strong start to the new campaign in Kitchener (OHL). Brzustewicz played for the United States at the 2023 IIHF U-18 World Championship where he had two assists in five games.

The 2024 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship is set to get underway on December 26th in Gothenburg, Sweden.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

add to Petterson, Lehtermaki Willander …

Finally, for the United States, 2023 third-round pick Hunter Brzustewicz is listed as an extra, but could very well play himself into the team's lineup with a strong start to the new campaign in Kitchener (OHL). Brzustewicz played for the United States at the 2023 IIHF U-18 World Championship where he had two assists in five games.

The 2024 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship is set to get underway on December 26th in Gothenburg, Sweden.

Hunter is the steal of the draft, a serious dark horse...really stoked at that player

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

I get that there are others ,

but let’s sign the Big Man,.   
Love to see him with a Massive Smile on his face before the playoffs.

His confidence and capabilities are growing here because he is getting good opportunities with amazing Coaches who believe in him.

Zadorov knew himself,  he only needed opportunities to prove he is a top 4 pairing D man.

He have longetivity to his game , I don’t think he has “peaked” or “primed”  yet .

A Summer here training will pay back major dividends.

Give  Nik a home ,   And let’s make it his last stop in his career.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 1/23/2024 at 12:51 PM, SilentSam said:

I get that there are others ,

but let’s sign the Big Man,.   
Love to see him with a Massive Smile on his face before the playoffs.

His confidence and capabilities are growing here because he is getting good opportunities with amazing Coaches who believe in him.

Zadorov knew himself,  he only needed opportunities to prove he is a top 4 pairing D man.

He have longetivity to his game , I don’t think he has “peaked” or “primed”  yet .

A Summer here training will pay back major dividends.

Give  Nik a home ,   And let’s make it his last stop in his career.

Ok sure but how much you paying him? The third line money he deserves or for his potential 2nd pairing line abilities?

Edited by MidKnight Ego

39 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

The day I rub it in

atomic bomb explosion GIF

What is being rubbed in? Losing a 3rd round pick and Anthony Beauvillier? With soucys injuries that move has already pretty much paid off. The playoffs will be a bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

What is being rubbed in? Losing a 3rd round pick and Anthony Beauvillier? With soucys injuries that move has already pretty much paid off. The playoffs will be a bonus.

Just how close my predictions are to reality… I would say check my posts but I 

wouldn’t wish that pain on anybody

8 hours ago, MidKnight Ego said:

Ok sure but how much you paying him? The third line money he deserves or for his potential 2nd pairing line abilities?

4.5 x6     He is 26 years old this would be a valuable contract ..  have trade clauses come in in year 4 ,.  That timeline runs the same as trade clauses with JT Miller,  

if we are in a position where we need to renovate the team,.  Those would be valuable assets to any team going into the playoffs.

All hypothetical,,  but has to be accounted for.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

4.5 x6     He is 26 years old this would be a valuable contract ..  have trade clauses come in in year 4 ,.  That timeline runs the same as trade clauses with JT Miller,  

if we are in a position where we need to renovate the team,.  Those would be valuable assets to any team going into the playoffs.

I think that’s fairish not sure he needs a raise, perhaps his 4 million was Calgary tuned….. and if he believes he’s a 2nd pair he won’t sign for 6 years at that rate, just my 2 cents 

Edited by MidKnight Ego
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I'm sure Zadorov will shop around.

This would be an ideal contract for both the player and team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lionized27 said:

I'm sure Zadorov will shop around.

This would be an ideal contract for both the player and team. 

Not really…. Since when did third pairs get 6 year contracts?

1 minute ago, lionized27 said:

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

4.5 x6

4.5 for him

6.5 for Hronek

11.5 for Petey

before you know it we're talking about real money

30.8 mill of space plus these 3 means 15 players and  8.3 million left to sign/pay 8 more.

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

4.5 for him

6.5 for Hronek

11.5 for Petey

before you know it we're talking about real money

30.8 mill of space plus these 3 means 15 players and  8.3 million left to sign/pay 8 more.

And that’s the cost for great players on a Cup level team. We could go back to the Benning years and overpay for losers.