[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

7 hours ago, Devron said:

What are we rubbing in 

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I dunno one bad game and he seems to think it’s time to peacock. 😂

Zadorov is already worth the price we paid as he allowed us to keep rolling with Soucy out.

I said he would be worth a 3rd plus that 3rd line frenchy on our team….

i predicted that to a t…. And I also predicted that if we were to pay more he would need a cap retention (there where reports 2 other teams in on Zadorov were demanding cap retention)

I also predicted he is a 5th dman not a 4th which he is…

2 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

Myers is playing great @ 20 minutes a night… and is our 3rd best dman…. Play top pk and Pp2 he also has scored a few points if you haven’t noticed

What am I missing?

Haven't Zadorov/Myers been a pairing?

11 minutes ago, Gurn said:

4.5 for him

6.5 for Hronek

11.5 for Petey

before you know it we're talking about real money

30.8 mill of space plus these 3 means 15 players and  8.3 million left to sign/pay 8 more.

we will have about 3-4 players in ELC’s with the main team in 2-3 years..  possibly 1 of Willander. d Petterson, or Letterkenny 😉 next season.

Although EP 40 might command that figure ,  I think he signs for 9.5 - 10.5 with good term, not max term to get to that figure.

Cap is supposed to start to bounce upward nicely next few years.

Yes , we can’t keep everyone,  there are good players we will acquire good future / and picks for moving forward,.  The team will roll its prospects in accordingly to create that proper attrition .

Boesers next contract ask might be unappealing to the team.

Might be a “pay back”  home contract for carrying him for the rough 2 of 3 seasons he has had at 6.5

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

4.5 x6     He is 26 years old this would be a valuable contract ..  have trade clauses come in in year 4 ,.  That timeline runs the same as trade clauses with JT Miller,  

if we are in a position where we need to renovate the team,.  Those would be valuable assets to any team going into the playoffs.

All hypothetical,,  but has to be accounted for.

4.5 is too much money and 6 years is too much term.  Maybe a bottom feeder who wants truculence will pay that but there's no way this group signs an albatross like that. Also he isn't 26 he is 28 (29 in April).

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gurn said:

4.5 for him

6.5 for Hronek

11.5 for Petey

before you know it we're talking about real money

30.8 mill of space plus these 3 means 15 players and  8.3 million left to sign/pay 8 more.

they will def be moving garland without retention in off season, and they will be able to do that given how well he has played and they will take a long look at moving Kuzmenko and maybe letting Zadorov walk 

Edited by canucks curse
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

4.5 is too much money and 6 years is too much term.  Maybe a bottom feeder who wants truculence will pay that but there's no way this group signs an albatross like that. Also he isn't 26 he is 28 (29 in April).

Zadorov will be looking for term. 

Depending on the,Canucks run will define the price. 

5 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

he is a big body , young at 28.  Just coming into his prime,.  He has more to offer if given the opportunity, and not held back like he has been with other teams.

Big men generally get categorized like that..  but some,  and I personally think Zadorov holds more potential.

he likes Vancouver , he was looking for 4.5 and term before he went to Calgary ,.

I don’t think that is changing much in his demands, especially with a team that is winning , and a D coaching staff (World Clas) like we have.

Many look for more money,. I think Zadorov is a realist, and realized he won’t get more than 5.5 x 3 anywhere else..

He also realizes this is a buissness , so matters of the heart matter as much as anything else.

He is worth 4.5 x 6 ..  unless this is 2010 ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

he is a big body , young at 28.  Just coming into his prime,.  He has more to offer if given the opportunity, and not held back like he has been with other teams.

Big men generally get categorized like that..  but some,  and I personally think Zadorov holds more potential.

he likes Vancouver , he was looking for 4.5 and term before he went to Calgary ,.

I don’t think that is changing much in his demands, especially with a team that is winning , and a D coaching staff (World Clas) like we have.

Many look for more money,. I think Zadorov is a realist, and realized he won’t get more than 5.5 x 3 anywhere else..

He also realizes this is a buissness , so matters of the heart matter as much as anything else.

2010 with Zadorov. 

Mygad. 

What could have been. 

22 minutes ago, MidKnight Ego said:

Myers is playing great @ 20 minutes a night… and is our 3rd best dman…. Play top pk and Pp2 he also has scored a few points if you haven’t noticed

Yup. As happy as I am to move on from Myers soon enough, people still calling him "3rd" pair are "morans" as Alf would say.

14 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Yup, low $4's on short term, high $3's with term. He's a defensive 4B/5A, he's not going to get $$$$

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, lionized27 said:

Indeed. 

At the time, I admit that I was excited about Myers signing here. 

Thankfully, this will be his last season. 

Playing good this year! Plays 20 minutes a night so clearly not very sheltered. His play this year might make management look to re-sign him if they can get him around 4 mill a year.

34 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

4.5->5.5???? 6 years???

3rd pairing dmen don't get those numbers.

Unless this is 2030?

11 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

4.5->5.5???? 6 years???

Unless this is 2030?

11 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

4.5->5.5???? 6 years???

Unless this is 2030?

I never said up to 5.5 ,  your good at stretching things ..

I said 4.5 x 6 .   I stand by that.

all kinds of things factor into fair value contracts .  That will be fair.   Or he’ll sign some where else .

17 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I never said up to 5.5 ,  your good at stretching things ..

I said 4.5 x 6 .   I stand by that.

all kinds of things factor into fair value contracts .  That will be fair.   Or he’ll sign some where else .

My bad I had you mixed up with this poster...

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I think Zadorov is a realist, and realized he won’t get more than 5.5 x 3 anywhere else.

A good comparison would be

Carson Soucy

21 games with the nucks (Z 23)

17:25 TOI (Z 17:48)

6 points (Z 4)

39 blocks (Z 27)

21 hits (Z 41)

Carson just signed for 3.25 x 3 on the open market. Zadorov has the edge in physical play, has 40 lbs and an inch on Soucy. That puts Z at 4 million maximum on a 3 year. If he wants 6 then he is gonna have to give up some money (something like 3.6).

Even then I wouldn't want to lock him into a contract that takes him to age 35 as his mobility will surely be an issue in the last few years.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Playing good this year! Plays 20 minutes a night so clearly not very sheltered. His play this year might make management look to re-sign him if they can get him around 4 mill a year.

2M or less /per, done, AFAIC.

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

My bad I had you mixed up with this poster...

A good comparison would be

Carson Soucy

21 games with the nucks (Z 23)

17:25 TOI (Z 17:48)

6 points (Z 4)

39 blocks (Z 27)

21 hits (Z 41)

Carson just signed for 3.25 x 3 on the open market. Zadorov has the edge in physical play, has 40 lbs and an inch on Soucy. That puts Z at 4 million maximum on a 3 year. If he wants 6 then he is gonna have to give up some money (something like 3.6).

Even then I wouldn't want to lock him into a contract that takes him to age 35 as his mobility will surely be an issue in the last few years.

I didn’t say that either..   “locked in” ?

I said trade movable at 4th season.

4.5 x 6    Trade movable 4th year ,

which times out with others who are tradable at that time like Miller.

you can compare about who has what , or who does what ,.  But it’s not assessing the future .

Where a big man like Z who is a great skater will be with the right opportunities here s anywhere else..

this might be the first team who is realizing Zadorov WANTS to be better .

there is opportunity here for that ,.  And he is finding that out here now.

I think Soucy is traded next season,. 
it might be hard to keep Dman Petersson off the roster.

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I didn’t say that either..   “locked in” ?

I said trade movable at 4th season.

4.5 x 6    Trade movable 4th year ,

which times out with others who are tradable at that time like Miller.

you can compare about who has what , or who does what ,.  But it’s not assessing the future .

Where a big man like Z who is a great skater will be with the right opportunities here s anywhere else..

this might be the first team who is realizing Zadorov WANTS to be better .

there is opportunity here for that ,.  And he is finding that out here now.

I think Soucy is traded next season,. 
it might be hard to keep Dman Petersson off the roster.

You would have to pay to move that deal in year 4. No thanks!

Just now, Coryberg said:

You would have to pay to move that deal in year 4. No thanks!

In four years you must know what the Cap will be too 

lol.

Zadorov will be penciled in as a top 4 pairing D man next season ..

Soucy Cole and possibly Myers will be gone.