[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

17 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

In four years you must know what the Cap will be too 

lol.

Zadorov will be penciled in as a top 4 pairing D man next season ..

Soucy Cole and possibly Myers will be gone.

We aren't tanking next year... also soucy has 2 more seasons and a NTC

Who said anything about tanking ?! 
Soucys 12 team no trade kicks after next season.

thanks for the correction 

at the 3-4 year mark we’ll be trading away and adding players to good contracts from the system .

This management is balancing and staggering talent to achieve that,.  In the process the prospects get great development.

Podz was a Beast tonight..  Like the year was good for Hoglander, this year for Podz is welding his armour on and developing a wick-e one timer .

12 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

We aren't tanking next year... also soucy has 2 more seasons and a NTC

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Coryberg said:

Even then I wouldn't want to lock him into a contract that takes him to age 35 as his mobility will surely be an issue in the last few years.

Many people thought Myers would have lost his stride by now when he 1st signed his contract; yet, he clearly hasn't.

To say any player's mobility would "surely be an issue" by the end of their contract, while it could happen, it doesn't mean it will. And while I can see wanting to be leery of aging players, 35's not bad at all compared with what we see around the league.

Basically, I don't see the point in being paranoid about the age of 35 in a contract when you have guys who have contracts until they're 37, 38, and beyond and often times for much more money. lol

Again, I get the paranoia, but I also want to see us with a good team for a while and such paranoia could hamper that.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Many people thought Myers would have lost his stride by now when he 1st signed his contract; yet, he clearly hasn't.

To say any player's mobility would "surely be an issue" by the end of their contract, while it could happen, it doesn't mean it will. And while I can see wanting to be leery of aging players, 35's not bad at all compared with what we see around the league.

Basically, I don't see the point in being paranoid about the age of 35 in a contract when you have guys who have contracts until they're 37, 38, and beyond and often times for much more money. lol

Again, I get the paranoia, but I also want to see us with a good team for a while and such paranoia could hamper that.

Did you just compare Myers' skating with Zadorovs? Cracking Up Lol GIF

Not only is Myers a better skater now, when Myers was 28 he could skate circles around 28 year old Zadorov. 

Edited by Coryberg

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

Not only is Myers a better skater now, when Myers was 28 he could skate circles around 28 year old Zadorov. 

Zadorov was ranked the 4th fastest player of his draft class.https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1658418-ranking-the-10-fastest-skaters-in-2013-nhl-draft.amp.html

How Zadorov uses his impressive skating

Zadorov isn’t just a good skater for a big man. He’s mobile and active by any NHLdefenceman’s standards.

NHL Edge tracking data reveals that Zadorov has reached a speed burst of over 20 miles per hour 24 times this season, which ranks him in the 71st percentile for this category. Zadorov’s top speed this season ranks in the 97th percentile of all defencemen. When Zadorov picks up steam, it’s hard to slow him down

Top skating speed (defenceman)

The fastest top speed on the entire Flames roster so far this season was recorded by Nikita Zadorov with an impressive 37.62 KPH (23.15 MPH) top speed, while the remainder of the Flames defencemen hover around league average top speed for the position (33.98 KPH).

Also faster than any Canuck by a fairly wide margin at 23.15

Top Speed
1 PDG 22.63
2 Miller 22.58
3 Hughes 22.16
4 Höglander 21.75
5 Studnicka 21.68
6 Beauvillier 21.38
7 Pettersson 21.34
8 Friedman 21.26
9 Hronek 21.26
10 Joshua 21.09
11 Garland 21.04
12 Mikheyev 20.86
13 Cole 20.52
14 Soucy 20.47
15 Boeser 20.43
16 Kuzmenko 20.12
17 Suter 20.12
18 Myers 19.65
19 Hirose 19.40
20 Juulsen 18.96

Edited by Canucklehead44
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

3 hours ago, Canucklehead44 said:

Zadorov was ranked the 4th fastest player of his draft class.https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1658418-ranking-the-10-fastest-skaters-in-2013-nhl-draft.amp.html

Zadorov isn’t just a good skater for a big man. He’s mobile and active by any NHLdefenceman’s standards.

NHL Edge tracking data reveals that Zadorov has reached a speed burst of over 20 miles per hour 24 times this season, which ranks him in the 71st percentile for this category. Zadorov’s top speed this season ranks in the 97th percentile of all defencemen. When Zadorov picks up steam, it’s hard to slow him down

The fastest top speed on the entire Flames roster so far this season was recorded by Nikita Zadorov with an impressive 37.62 KPH (23.15 MPH) top speed, while the remainder of the Flames defencemen hover around league average top speed for the position (33.98 KPH).

Top Speed
1 PDG 22.63
2 Miller 22.58
3 Hughes 22.16
4 Höglander 21.75
5 Studnicka 21.68
6 Beauvillier 21.38
7 Pettersson 21.34
8 Friedman 21.26
9 Hronek 21.26
10 Joshua 21.09
11 Garland 21.04
12 Mikheyev 20.86
13 Cole 20.52
14 Soucy 20.47
15 Boeser 20.43
16 Kuzmenko 20.12
17 Suter 20.12
18 Myers 19.65
19 Hirose 19.40
20 Juulsen 18.96

I didn't know they recorded skating speed to the penalty box.

Interesting.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Canucklehead44 said:

The fastest top speed on the entire Flames roster so far this season was recorded by Nikit

9 hours ago, Canucklehead44 said:

Top Speed
1 PDG 22.63
2 Miller 22.58
3 Hughes 22.16
4 Höglander 21.75
5 Studnicka 21.68
6 Beauvillier 21.38
7 Pettersson 21.34
8 Friedman 21.26
9 Hronek 21.26
10 Joshua 21.09
11 Garland 21.04
12 Mikheyev 20.86
13 Cole 20.52
14 Soucy 20.47
15 Boeser 20.43
16 Kuzmenko 20.12
17 Suter 20.12
18 Myers 19.65
19 Hirose 19.40
20 Juulsen 18.96

a Zadorov with an impressive 37.62 KPH (23.15 MPH) top speed, while the remainder of the Flames defencemen hover around league average top speed for the position (33.98 KPH).

Top Speed
1 PDG 22.63
2 Miller 22.58
3 Hughes 22.16
4 Höglander 21.75
5 Studnicka 21.68
6 Beauvillier 21.38
7 Pettersson 21.34
8 Friedman 21.26
9 Hronek 21.26
10 Joshua 21.09
11 Garland 21.04
12 Mikheyev 20.86
13 Cole 20.52
14 Soucy 20.47
15 Boeser 20.43
16 Kuzmenko 20.12
17 Suter 20.12
18 Myers 19.65
19 Hirose 19.40
20 Juulsen 18.96

So you think that zadorov is a better skater than Quinn hughes? Faster than mikheyev? Interesting!

11 hours ago, The Lock said:

omg remember the discussions around JT !?

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

So you think that zadorov is a better skater than Quinn hughes? Faster than mikheyev? Interesting!

You shooting bullets everywhere Cory ,

two or 3 totally different player types ,  and your reading for who drives the fastest car.

why don’t we just get them to measure penis’es ?

11 hours ago, Canucklehead44 said:

Top Speed
1 PDG 22.63
2 Miller 22.58
3 Hughes 22.16
4 Höglander 21.75
5 Studnicka 21.68
6 Beauvillier 21.38
7 Pettersson 21.34
8 Friedman 21.26
9 Hronek 21.26
10 Joshua 21.09
11 Garland 21.04
12 Mikheyev 20.86
13 Cole 20.52
14 Soucy 20.47
15 Boeser 20.43
16 Kuzmenko 20.12
17 Suter 20.12
18 Myers 19.65
19 Hirose 19.40
20 Juulsen 18.96

Why is Lafferty missing from your list? According to NHL EDGE he's hit 23.36mph this year and has been over 20mph 147 times compared to Zadorov's now 39 times.

15 hours ago, Coryberg said:

No, I gave you an example of another player who didn't lose as much stride as what people thought who's on the last year of his contract. If you think that's somehow a comparison between Myers and Zadorov and their skating abilities, then you might want to read other peoples' posts a little more carefully because that's clearly not what was stated. You're stretching so much here I'd be worried about you breaking your arms off. lol

In fact, if anything, your statement about Myers only confirms what I'm saying as being true and why we shouldn't be worrying about a 35 year old finishing a contract.

If you actually have something to go against what I'm saying regarding a player finishing a contract at the age of 35, I'm all ears, but please actually read what I had said because you clearly didn't.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, The Lock said:

No, I gave you an example of another player who didn't lose as much stride as what people thought who's on the last year of his contract. If you think that's somehow a comparison between Myers and Zadorov and their skating abilities, then you might want to read other peoples' posts a little more carefully because that's clearly not what was stated. You're stretching so much here I'd be worried about you breaking your arms off. lol

In fact, if anything, your statement about Myers only confirms what I'm saying as being true and why we shouldn't be worrying about a 35 year old finishing a contract.

If you actually have something to go against what I'm saying regarding a player finishing a contract at the age of 35, I'm all ears, but please actually read what I had said because you clearly didn't.

If you read my response you would have seen that I pointed out Myers was a much better skater at age 28. Why wouldn't you have a concern about a player who would be signing a longer contract who's foot speed isn't on the same level? 

As far as you not comparing Myers and Zadorov's skating. We were talking about mobility and losing a stride, you brought in Myers saying that he hasn't lost a stride.

How is this not about their skating abilities?

Just now, Coryberg said:

If you read my response you would have seen that I pointed out Myers was a much better skater at age 28. Why wouldn't you have a concern about a player who would be signing a longer contract who's foot speed isn't on the same level? 

As far as you not comparing Myers and Zadorov's skating. We were talking about mobility and losing a stride, you brought in Myers saying that he hasn't lost a stride.

How is this not about their skating abilities?

It's about comparing Zadorov now we what we seem to think Zadorov will be at the age of 35. You mentioned that he would "surely" lose a step by 35. I gave you another example of a player in Myers who went through similar criticisms who proved them wrong since he's in his last year of his contract and hasn't lost his stride. How you somehow think that's a direct comparison of Zadorov's skating to Myers' skating is beyond me.

I also pointed out how there are many other contracts around the league that end at the age of 37 or 38 and beyond and for more money to boot.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, The Lock said:

It's about comparing Zadorov now we what we seem to think Zadorov will be at the age of 35. You mentioned that he would "surely" lose a step by 35. I gave you another example of a player in Myers who went through similar criticisms who proved them wrong since he's in his last year of his contract and hasn't lost his stride. How you somehow think that's a direct comparison of Zadorov's skating to Myers' skating is beyond me.

Myers has most definitely lost a step. The difference is he had steps to lose.

Edited by Coryberg

7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I also pointed out how there are many other contracts around the league that end at the age of 37 or 38 and beyond and for more money to boot.

So because there are other horrible contracts it's ok to give out a horrible contract? 

Fair enough, never thought of it that way.

Just now, Coryberg said:

Myers has most definitely lost a step. The difference is he had steps to lose.

And yet Myers' is pretty much having a career year with us and will likely still have a significant contract next year, perhaps even more than Zadorov's making now.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

So because there are other horrible contracts it's ok to give out a horrible contract? 

Fair enough, never thought of it that way.

Never said they were horrible. Those are your words. That being said, some are, some aren't. Depends on the contract. My point is that 35's not bad in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by The Lock
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

And yet Myers' is pretty much having a career year with us and will likely still have a significant contract next year, perhaps even more than Zadorov's making now.

Wait... are we comparing Myers and Zadorov again?

3 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Wait... are we comparing Myers and Zadorov again?

Not that I know of unless if you're referring to a comparison of contracts. Not the comparison of skating though that you seem to fixated on.

Edited by The Lock

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Not that I know of. Why do you think it's a comparison?

Somebody said Myers is fine at age 34 so Zadorov’l should be fine at age 35. Must have been somebody else. My bad.

I'm done going in circles with you. You think that Zadorov won't lose a step between age 28 and age 35. Science, basic human anatomy and a hundred years of the NHL says otherwise but that's fine. Live and let live.

11 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Not a career year for Myers or even as a Canuck but he has found consistency in his game under Tocchet.

It would be hard to see him signing a new contract with an AAV under $ 4m per thats for sure. Myers at this point is the more valuable defenseman if comparing to Zadorov. Zadorov has helped this team's defensive depth and provides a nice physical element. But unless he himself goes on some sort of run or is part of the team going on a run in the playoffs I just don't see how he returns to Vancouver as he won't be slotted in on a second pairing based off of what we've seen in his game here.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Somebody said Myers is fine at age 34 so Zadorov’l should be fine at age 35. Must have been somebody else. My bad.

I'm done going in circles with you. You think that Zadorov won't lose a step between age 28 and age 35. Science, basic human anatomy and a hundred years of the NHL says otherwise but that's fine. Live and let live.

Honesty, I think it's too early to tell and 35's not bad of an ending to a contract in order to keep someone around who's important to the team.

The feeling's mutual about "going around in circles" by the way. You seemed adamant on pretending I said things I didn't, but that seems to be the case with some people who are losing their debates I guess.

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1