[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Not a career year for Myers or even as a Canuck but he has found consistency in his game under Tocchet.

It would be hard to see him signing a new contract with an AAV under $ 4m per thats for sure. Myers at this point is the more valuable defenseman if comparing to Zadorov. Zadorov has helped this team's defensive depth and provides a nice physical element. But unless he himself goes on some sort of run or is part of the team going on a run in the playoffs I just don't see how he returns to Vancouver as he won't be slotted in on a second pairing based off of what we've seen in his game here.

Yeah, consistency has been the key for him, along with having a good team around him.

I agree on him not returning to Vancouver just because I do think he'd be too expensive for us.

• Cheers 2

On 12/3/2023 at 8:50 PM, Coryberg said:

He averages less than 2 fights per year. Definitely not a scrapper

Most players in the NHL, "LET's FIGHT" ... in the 6'-2" and about 220 lbs category (with some notable exceptions)

Zadorov facing most opponents ... I wonder why Big Zeke only has 2 fights a year?

image.png.c95cef9cb0aefec710940e1c1f3209a2.png

Dude is 6' -15", weighs 800 lbs and was trained by his mother - a Russian beet farmer - on how to throw them, I would avoid fighting him as well if it was up to me and I was on the ice at the same time. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Billabong said:

If zadorov gets moved out it’s because tanev comes in

zero chance the Canucks move zadorov without a suitable replacement coming back 

or we sign Zadorov,  and grab Tanev in UFA.

I trust this management will do what they can,  to move in the right direction , without being player specific.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

yea this one seemed dumb to me. Elliotte looking for clicks. 

That's exactly what I wrote it off to. Trying to create drama to bring in more readers.

See, now if I want to create clicks from drama, I'd be posting, Canucks trading 2nd round pick to Toronto for Ryan Reaves...  😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

yea this one seemed dumb to me. Elliotte looking for clicks. 

Or maybe a rumour sent out by JT et all as a contact bargaining tactic. Zads has stated he loves it here, but maybe he's asking too much? Management's way of having him do some soul searching?

Just now, Rekker said:

Or maybe a rumour sent out by JT et all as a contact bargaining tactic. Zads has stated he loves it here, but maybe he's asking too much? Management's way of having him do some soul searching?

maybe? Allvin seems too vanilla for that kind of stuff to me. 

It sounded more like big Z wants term, and really we shouldn't have any issues with that all things considered. I can see them hammering something out pretty quickly here. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

maybe? Allvin seems too vanilla for that kind of stuff to me. 

It sounded more like big Z wants term, and really we shouldn't have any issues with that all things considered. I can see them hammering something out pretty quickly here. 

I hope so, while he hasn't blown me away with skills, he is paid for being a hulk that can play, and that has worth. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

I hope so, while he hasn't blown me away with skills, he is paid for being a hulk that can play, and that has worth. 

The way I see it, we're not even into February. There's a lot of hockey left this season along with the playoffs. I never expect contracts to be done mid-season and often I'm surprised when it does happen.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

or we sign Zadorov,  and grab Tanev in UFA.

I trust this management will do what they can,  to move in the right direction , without being player specific.

Thing is Zadorov wants term, how much term is he asking for and how much term Canucks can afford to give. If he can't be re signed then move him for similar or better d man that's has some term left

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Thing is Zadorov wants term, how much term is he asking for and how much term Canucks can afford to give. If he can't be re signed then move him for similar or better d man that's has some term left

I'm pretty sure the Canucks were well aware of what Zadorov was looking for before making the deal. After all dan milstien is a honorary AGM 🤣. With the cost being so low to aquire Z they should have no problem if his demands don't come down and he walks. We will have already got full value after 2/3 of a season and a playoff run.

Even if they decided to trade Zadorov any team on the other side of the table would point to the 3rd+5th we paid and call that market value. For that value it's definitely worth keeping him as our own rental.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

yeah, curious as to what kind of term Zadorov is looking for. 4-5 years long term enough? he's definitely not worth anymore than that, unless the cap hit is much lower. 

4 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I’ve quoted in here that I think Zadorov should get 4.5 x 6 years . Max.

I’ll stand by that 

11 hours ago, Billabong said:

If zadorov gets moved out it’s because tanev comes in

zero chance the Canucks move zadorov without a suitable replacement coming back 

Why would you trade Zadorov so we can get Tanev?Any logic now days????

5 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

If he want to play for contender ,he must accommodate.

21 minutes ago, Mac said:

Click bait crap. 

Highly unlikely they move Zadorov.  Anyone with a keyboard is now a "sports reporter". 

lol

Definitely doesn't make sense and I can't see it happening.  I think it is more speculation on his part. The report was made by Elliotte Friedman though, not just a keyboard warrior.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Coryberg said:

I'm pretty sure the Canucks were well aware of what Zadorov was looking for before making the deal. After all dan milstien is a honorary AGM 🤣. With the cost being so low to aquire Z they should have no problem if his demands don't come down and he walks. We will have already got full value after 2/3 of a season and a playoff run.

Even if they decided to trade Zadorov any team on the other side of the table would point to the 3rd+5th we paid and call that market value. For that value it's definitely worth keeping him as our own rental.

You bet.  

25 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Dumb rumor, Zadorov has been a great addition and is built for playoff hockey. Canucks looking to add not subtract. 

I mean maybe if Lou-Lam has further gone off his rocker and there's a trade around  Zad + for Dobson...Sure. But otherwise? Ya, no.