[Trade] Canucks acquire Nikita Zadorov from the Flames

RJCF96

12 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

Why would you trade Zadorov so we can get Tanev?Any logic now days????

Here's my theory: the Canucks (management and coaches) like aspects of Zadorov (physicality, size, reach), and think he is an upgrade on the D they had in that slot before.  That's why they traded for him.  But they also see some big downsides to Zadorov's game (wanders out of position, takes risks and bad penalties, guilty of occasional brain farts).  Their displeasure is clear from the occasional benching that Zadorov experiences.  I don't think they want to sign him long term for much money as a result.   I also think the Canucks management and coaching staff would think that Tanev would be an upgrade and perfect fit for this team because, although he is smaller and less physical, he is super responsible and has fantastic hockey IQ, and that's what they are looking for more than anything.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Friedman proves once again to be a complete hack. 

Look... "Fried Man" isn't as stoned as he looks! 

He's a marketing, shit disturbing whiz, whose only goal is to create drama where there is none. 

Why do you think Bieksa always pokes fun at the hacker? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

Here's my theory: the Canucks (management and coaches) like aspects of Zadorov (physicality, size, reach), and think he is an upgrade on the D they had in that slot before.  That's why they traded for him.  But they also see some big downsides to Zadorov's game (wanders out of position, takes risks and bad penalties, guilty of occasional brain farts).  Their displeasure is clear from the occasional benching that Zadorov experiences.  I don't think they want to sign him long term for much money as a result.   I also think the Canucks management and coaching staff would think that Tanev would be an upgrade and perfect fit for this team because, although he is smaller and less physical, he is super responsible and has fantastic hockey IQ, and that's what they are looking for more than anything.

We dont have line up of great defense man waiting around the corner.Paring Zadorov an Tanev make sense.Trading Zadorov to get Tanev is plain bad move.There is to much he said she said out there.We all love to say our FO is great .Then we act like they did shity job. You dont think they already know ball park of what Zadorov want before they got him????

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

D Taylor hinted at a potential locker room issue (not connecting with the guys?)

Of course. These statements always come up when some of the local detritus in the media want to see a trade. In every interview Zadorov has done, he speaks about how much he likes it here. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Of course. These statements always come up when some of the local detritus in the media want to see a trade. In every interview Zadorov has done, he speaks about how much he likes it here. 

Zadorov has also spoken about knowing his role here and reveling in it...looking forward to playoff match-ups and not being "pushed around".

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, lionized27 said:

Zadorov has also spoken about knowing his role here and reveling in it...looking forward to playoff match-ups and not being "pushed around".

Exactly. He talked about he and Myers provide that pushback. 

It boggles the mind that after so many years of not having a consistent physical force on the team (which ended up in the star players being pushed around a lot) the local media chuckleheads are looking to trade him, looking for any reason to devalue the guy. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Wouldnt be surprised if Zadorov pushes for a NMC when he signs long term now, thanks Friedman. 

I question whether GMs actually share any information with dopes like Friedman. Why weaken your position? What good is there in sharing that information with these hucksters?

• Cheers 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I question whether GMs actually share any information with dopes like Friedman. Why weaken your position? What good is there in sharing that information with these hucksters?

This is 100% Friedman stirring the pot while also doing Torontos bidding.

No secret the Leafs need defense. Friedman in his arrogance probably thinks he can manipulate the market.

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. He talked about he and Myers provide that pushback. 

It boggles the mind that after so many years of not having a consistent physical force on the team (which ended up in the star players being pushed around a lot) the local media chuckleheads are looking to trade him, looking for any reason to devalue the guy. 

We had the all time leader in hits by a defenseman who dropped the gloves without hesitation the last 2 seasons. It boggles my mind that you are so quick to forget the human eraser*

usatsi_19161488.jpg

Edited by Coryberg
Autocorrect