NBA / Toronto Raptors

Rubik

5 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I barely follow the NBA but why would you sign a guy who is never healthy in the post-season? He was incredible years ago but he and George are never there at the end of the season.  

I think it's clear that Steve Ballmer has too much money...

BTW, I was down with trading Pascal at the end of last season.....the rumored deal with the Dubs for Kuminga + sounds good to me. Make it happen, Masai....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, runningback33 said:

Darko got hit with the $25K Fine from the NBA

No surprise there....

No professional sports league is going to let you slag their officials....even when it's true....

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

Bucks up 40+ on Celtics so Boston Coach benched his 5 starters at Half and won’t play them for rest of the game

When you're as good as the Celts, you can afford to make a statement like that....

I'm guessing about 30 other coaches wish they had the luxury of being able to do it too.

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Please trade Spicy P

I don't care if we get a bag of chips in return just do it

It's just weird all around....The Raps are going nowhere with him and could get a solid return....Might as well rip off the band-aid and try and rebuild around Scottie, Grady, RJ and Quickley....it should also mean a high draft pick coming up....

They already pulled the trigger on OG, so I don't know what's keeping them from doing the same with Pascal....unless Masai doesn't think he's getting any decent offers....:classic_unsure:

I've never thought much of Chicago spectators anyway, but the crowd booing as Jerry Krause was being inducted into the Ring of Honor with his widow in attendance, is a new low for me....

Philly fans have a new rival....

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

It's just weird all around....The Raps are going nowhere with him and could get a solid return....Might as well rip off the band-aid and try and rebuild around Scottie, Grady, RJ and Quickley....it should also mean a high draft pick coming up....

They already pulled the trigger on OG, so I don't know what's keeping them from doing the same with Pascal....unless Masai doesn't think he's getting any decent offers....:classic_unsure:

We're not getting a good return for Siakam.  He's made it abundantly clear that he's going to free agency and no team is willing to pay that much for a mere rental.  1st round picks aren't as impressive in the NBA, especially when they're coming from contenders (ie. super-late).  But hey, I'll still take it over nothing.  Masai has really dropped the ball when it comes to selling assets.  I really don't understand his thought process.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

We're not getting a good return for Siakam.  He's made it abundantly clear that he's going to free agency and no team is willing to pay that much for a mere rental.  1st round picks aren't as impressive in the NBA, especially when they're coming from contenders (ie. super-late).  But hey, I'll still take it over nothing.  Masai has really dropped the ball when it comes to selling assets.  I really don't understand his thought process.

Yeah, I thought he should have started moving guys at last season's TDL....

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Yeah, I thought he should have started moving guys at last season's TDL....

We bought at the deadline, remember?  It was the craziest thing we saw.  And then we lost to DeRozan's 8-year old daughter.  Oof.

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

We bought at the deadline, remember?  It was the craziest thing we saw.  And then we lost to DeRozan's 8-year old daughter.  Oof.

I think my subconscious had buried that fact....

Report: Raptors trading two-time All-Star Pascal Siakam to Pacers

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article/report-raptors-trade-two-time-all-star-pascal-siakam-to-pacers/

The Toronto Raptors have traded two-time All-Star forward Pascal Siakam to the Indiana Pacers in exchange for a package involving Bruce Brown, Jordan Nwora and three first-round picks, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports. The New Orleans Pelicans are also involved in the trade, sending Kira Lewis Jr. to Toronto.

Siakam has one year and $37.9 million left on his contract.

It’s the second big move for the Raptors this season after they traded OG Anunoby to the New York Knicks at the end of December. 

Selected by the Raptors in the first round (27th overall) of the 2016 NBA Draft, Siakam has spent his entire seven-year career in Toronto.

The six-foot-nine Siakam is averaging 22.2 points, 6.3 rebounds and 4.9 assists through 37 games. Last season, he averaged 24.2 points, 7.8 rebounds and 5.8 assists in 71 games.

With the trades of Siakam and Anunoby, and the off-season departure of point guard Fred VanVleet, only Chris Boucher remains from the Raptors’ 2019 championship season.

Brown is coming to Toronto averaging 12.1 points, 4.7 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game on 47.5 per cent from the field and 32.7 from three in 33 games for the Pacers after signing a two-year deal with Indiana in the off-season. He has a club option for the 2024-2025 season.

Nwora has played 18 games for the Pacers, averaging 5.2 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.0 assists per game. The 25-year-old is on an expiring contract.

Lewis Jr. has appeared 15 games this season for the Pelicans, averaging 2.9 points on 9.6 minutes per game. He will be a restricted free agent in the off-season.

Edited by runningback33
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

Report: Raptors trading two-time All-Star Pascal Siakam to Pacers

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article/report-raptors-trade-two-time-all-star-pascal-siakam-to-pacers/

The Toronto Raptors have traded two-time All-Star forward Pascal Siakam to the Indiana Pacers in exchange for a package involving Bruce Brown, Jordan Nwora and three first-round picks, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports. The New Orleans Pelicans are also involved in the trade, sending Kira Lewis Jr. to Toronto.

Siakam has one year and $37.9 million left on his contract.

It’s the second big move for the Raptors this season after they traded OG Anunoby to the New York Knicks at the end of December. 

Selected by the Raptors in the first round (27th overall) of the 2016 NBA Draft, Siakam has spent his entire seven-year career in Toronto.

The six-foot-nine Siakam is averaging 22.2 points, 6.3 rebounds and 4.9 assists through 37 games. Last season, he averaged 24.2 points, 7.8 rebounds and 5.8 assists in 71 games.

With the trades of Siakam and Anunoby, and the off-season departure of point guard Fred VanVleet, only Chris Boucher remains from the Raptors’ 2019 championship season.

Brown is coming to Toronto averaging 12.1 points, 4.7 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game on 47.5 per cent from the field and 32.7 from three in 33 games for the Pacers after signing a two-year deal with Indiana in the off-season. He has a club option for the 2024-2025 season.

Nwora has played 18 games for the Pacers, averaging 5.2 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.0 assists per game. The 25-year-old is on an expiring contract.

Lewis Jr. has appeared 15 games this season for the Pelicans, averaging 2.9 points on 9.6 minutes per game. He will be a restricted free agent in the off-season.

They're gonna flip Brown.

Right?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

It all hurts knowing that in this rebuild the Spurs have our pick this year. If it defers to next season unprotected in a deeper draft class. I see us being a bottom feeder next season so I feel like hopefully we’re good enough for the Spurs to get our pick this year.

Bro have you looked at our roster

What are we gonna call it now - the Brown McFlurry?  Because that's the colour of our team right now - brown toilet water

6 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Bro have you looked at our roster

What are we gonna call it now - the Brown McFlurry?  Because that's the colour of our team right now - brown toilet water

They did just beat Miami! They have some pieces still with Barnes , RJ and Quickly! More playing time for Gary who went off today! Stupid for Masai to trade a 1rst round pick for Poetl and now it’s got me begging we give up a top 10 pick this year so we don’t give up a top 5 pick next year.