[GDT] Around the NHL [December 2023]

Coconuts

image.png.f73ea75ad79048a3dd730f7b32f93336.png

Tis the season, Christmas is coming, and so are the Russians apparently. Another month, another batch of games, should be fun to track. 

This GDT is going to be a bit more bare bones in the sense that I'm not throwing up pictures of the schedule this time, it's crunch time and I just wanted to throw this thread up quickly. You can take a quick peek at who's playing who via the NHL sites, I'll link it below.

Schedule 

Week One

https://www.nhl.com/schedule/2023-11-29

Week Two

https://www.nhl.com/schedule/2023-12-06

Week Three

https://www.nhl.com/schedule/2023-12-13

Week Four

https://www.nhl.com/schedule/2023-12-20

Last bit of December/first bit of January 

https://www.nhl.com/schedule/2023-12-27

• Thanks 2

• Jess pinned this topic

Devils were worried they lost Luke Hughes last night.  Instead they actually lost Dougie Hamilton.  Reminds me of the Avalanche last year with all their big players going down (Jack, Timo, Nico, and now Dougie).

Now they have to resort to using ... 2nd overall pick Šimon Nemec.  They are absolutely stacked on D - it's ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

Devils were worried they lost Luke Hughes last night.  Instead they actually lost Dougie Hamilton.  Reminds me of the Avalanche last year with all their big players going down (Jack, Timo, Nico, and now Dougie).

Now they have to resort to using ... 2nd overall pick Šimon Nemec.  They are absolutely stacked on D - it's ridiculous.

Yeaaaah, that's a tough one, injury bug isn't helping them this season. Wonder how long he'll be out, I don't think there's a timeframe yet. 

On the hitting note, I don't agree with Torts on everything but the whole having to fight after throwing a big hit, it's always been kinda dumb imo. 

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If January never comes CDC will never go down

Thanks for this Coconuts.   I like the thread a lot but I have a minor quibble about the title having the tag [GDT].  I find it confusing especially on game days when there is another [GDT].  I figure others do too having seen a number of Canucks game posts that turned up in last months thread.  Maybe [MGT] for Month Game Thread?  Or...

Anyway, no biggie.   I can live with it if others can.   And, as mentioned, I do like the thread and appreciate your efforts.  

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Thanks for this Coconuts.   I like the thread a lot but I have a minor quibble about the title having the tag [GDT].  I find it confusing especially on game days when there is another [GDT].  I figure others do too having seen a number of Canucks game posts that turned up in last months thread.  Maybe [MGT] for Month Game Thread?  Or...

Anyway, no biggie.   I can live with it if others can.   And, as mentioned, I do like the thread and appreciate your efforts.  

I've thought about this before, I was just kinda following up on what Vintage used to do as he'd make one every week back on CDC and format the title this way. I've kinda left the title the way it was and used the graphic they always used as a bit of a tip of the hat. 

I'll think on it, I already switched the thread from a weekly format to a monthly format so I don't see why things couldn't be altered further if that's what folks want. 

If @Vintage Canuck ever wants his thread back he's more than welcome to take over, haha. But I don't think we'll see them around more until CDC finally goes down, although I suspect we'll never see them around to the extent we did on CDC. 

• Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yeaaaah, that's a tough one, injury bug isn't helping them this season. Wonder how long he'll be out, I don't think there's a timeframe yet. 

On the hitting note, I don't agree with Torts on everything but the whole having to fight after throwing a big hit, it's always been kinda dumb imo. 

Not 100% in agreement with Torts here, but that 5+game call was bullshit.

When the injured party's brother is more pissed off with the officials than the guy who dished the hit, you know something's not right.

28 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Not 100% in agreement with Torts here, but that 5+game call was bullshit.

When the injured party's brother is more pissed off with the officials than the guy who dished the hit, you know something's not right.

Shouldn't that have been an icing?

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Devils outshot 59-20 at home by the Sharks. Devils are a loser McMuffin team. Softeroos. Never win with guys like  Doogy Houser Hamilton. 
We trade Miller + For Jack  and Luke. 
Who says no? 

Devils had 47 shots on net today, Sharks had 18, the difference was goaltending. Even with Schmid having an awful game the Devil's still could have won if not for Kahkonen standing on his head. 

Edited by Coconuts

Almost with perfect timing, Oliver Kylington is back on the ice training.  This is a good thing for him and the Flames.  If he can get back into shape he'll definitely play a lot of minutes on that blueline that's already started to get blown up.

No pressure, of course...