[GDT] Around the NHL [December 2023]

Coconuts

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

EK is a huge selfish loser muffin.

no team will ever win with that kind if a selfish ass sack of craperolla 

Maybe, maybe not, but he's one of the few D with a chance of hitting 1k points 

Sits at 782, should be well over 800 by the end of the season if he keeps it up 

Karlsson is in many ways the template for the younger D we've seen step into the league like Hughes, Makar, ect 

He was doing what they do now back in the earlier 2010's

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Karlsson is in many ways the template for the younger D we've seen step into the league like Hughes, Makar, ect 

If a defence doesnt protect the Goalie but depends on him to save thier fuck ups, at least Alf sees it

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

And zero Cups. Karlsson u I s a loser doodle. No team will Win with selfish loser doodles.,

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

12 points with 3 more games played on top of oilers having 4th easiest schedule remaining against teams % wise vs the Canucks 14th hardest.. Edmonton winning 3.5 more games than the Canucks in 50+ games is totally possible 

Of course it's possible. However, I believe in this team and the fact that they will finish top 3. 

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Avs running right over Buffalo, they've scored three goals and Buffalo has yet to register a shot 

Classic!..  Let's fully rebuild!  All youth movement!  We'll be fast, exciting and give hope for the future to our fans (and a very cheap payroll with elc's).  The vets we bring in... Will be glue guys that have been through it.  We don't need to get the high end expensive vets!  

How that going for you?

2 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

Wasn’t Buffalo suppose to be good?

They should be better than they have been but they were also missing Thompson for a while and that was a big hit 

Honestly, I think they might have to go out and find themselves a legit starter, Luukonen and Levi might not be ready to be the guy 

Buffalo's probably a starter, a more defensive oriented bottom six, and a veteran shutdown D away from being a playoff team 

2 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Classic!..  Let's fully rebuild!  All youth movement!  We'll be fast, exciting and give hope for the future to our fans (and a very cheap payroll with elc's).  The vets we bring in... Will be glue guys that have been through it.  We don't need to get the high end expensive vets!  

How that going for you?

Avs are also a team you'd expect to dismantle what should be a young up and coming team 

They still have a championship caliber roster 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Avs are also a team you'd expect to dismantle what should be a young up and coming team 

They still have a championship caliber roster 

Avs struggled for a number of years before they won their cup.  But to my point... Sakic surrounded them with more veteran presence.  Buffalos roster has too much youth.  They haven't yet learned how to be consistent.  Feast or famine for them.  That's tough on the young guys... Same happened with all those oiler teams... The Nuge is the inlybone left from that era... Well I guess Gagner's back in the fold.  But you get my point.

I like how our management's doing it.

Edited by Hogs and Podz
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

wow..

If he continues to rip it up he could bump Esposito down to 11 by the end of the season

He's at 1533, Esposito's at 1590

He'll get there, he's got another season on his deal 

Could see him beating Sakic's 1641 which would have him 9th 

He'd have to play a few years and really sustain his high level of play to have a shot at Lemiux or Yzerman, even longer to beat Dionne or Francis 

He could go as high as #5 if he keeps playing, wouldn't surprise me in the least

I don't think he reaches Howe though 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-players-all-time-points-leaders.html

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Avs struggled for a number of years before they one their cup.  But to my point... Sakic surrounded them with more veteran presence.  Buffalos roster has too much youth.  They haven't yet learned how to be consistent.  Feast or famine for them.  That's tough on the young guys... Same happened with all those oiler teams... The Nuge is the inlybone left from that era... Well I guess Gagner's back in the fold.  But you get my point.

I like how our management's doing it.

Aye

Like I said, they're probably a starter, a more defensive oriented bottom six, and a shutdown D away from being a playoff team 

Not sure the young tenders they have up are up to the task yet 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Hogs and Podz said:

They could use a Fleury, Quick or Talbot type goalie. 

Def

Maybe Luukonen or Levi get there eventually but having a great veteran could really benefit them

They had one in Anderson the past few years, he was great for that team