[GDT] Around the NHL [December 2023]

Coconuts

11 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Have a good goalie finally.  Everyone is just so young and inexperienced.  It's one of the reasons why they made Okposo captain and signed him to an extension.

I've always liked the sabers.  1) because they came in same year as van.  2) suffered all these years like van, without a cup 3) have had historic deep runs in the playoffs as underdogs. (Same as van) 4) A history with elite dominate goaltending (Dominator, Miller).  Van not as great but close with (McLean, Brodeur).  Lots of parallels.  

I hope you guys get a couple more high end vets to help stabilize the youth movement.  Sabers are an exciting team.  Routing for yahs!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

I've always liked the sabers.  1) because they came in same year as van.  2) suffered all these years like van, without a cup 3) have had historic deep runs in the playoffs as underdogs. (Same as van) 4) A history with elite dominate goaltending (Dominator, Miller).  Van not as great but close with (McLean, Brodeur).  Lots of parallels.  

I hope you guys get a couple more high end vets to help stabilize the youth movement.  Sabers are an exciting team.  Routing for yahs!

Excellent won't happen for another year or two.  Right now, I'd settle for consistent. 😄

With the Canucks as my second favourite team, they're keeping me sane.  This season is exciting.  Who'd have guessed that they'd be this good.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 Goals for Josh Anderson so far tonight after only scoring 1 all season before tonight. Nice to see a couple go on for him. He's been working his ass off every game and has been incredibly unlucky.  Moneypuck had him as the 3rd most unlucky player this year last week. Kuzmenko was ranked 9th at the time 

29 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Looks worse the second replay. I think it should be five. Love hard hitting, even fights

but when a player has his back to you, is it right to potentially shorten his career or end it. 

Guys shouldn’t turn their backs in that situation. It’s like they’re taught to shield the puck like it’s a soccer ball. Get up on the glass and take the hit. 

3 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

The one benefit to our early game, 

it allows me to give Edmonton’s collapse my undivided attention. 

We got 1 point in our game and gave Minnesota 2 and the Wild leapfrog the Oilers in the standings because of this.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

They must recuperate points left in Vancouver.Same as Tampa

Exactly this

So far this formula works perfectly

I wonder how many more instances like that will be this season?

When a good team comes to Vancouver, and goes to Alberta next?

9 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Exactly this

So far this formula works perfectly

I wonder how many more instances like that will be this season?

When a good team comes to Vancouver, and goes to Alberta next?

So what’s Tampa’s problem in Calgary tonight? Stupid flames are ahead.lol. 

29 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

So what’s Tampa’s problem in Calgary tonight? Stupid flames are ahead.lol. 

Flames are likely fucked anyways. This just helps them hover around sub 0.500 and then they will get to pick #15 instead of a top 10 pick.

• Like 1