[GDT] Around the NHL [December 2023]

Coconuts

2 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Man, that is rough, hope his recovery is without any complications. NHL'ers are the toughest athletes. Period. 

363830112_10160537702335783_3153667766572496672_n.jpg

It's pretty crazy what NHLer's will play through. Every year after the cup finals we get all the reports of the players that were playing with a punctured lung, broken ribs, torn labrum, broken ankles, etc with lots of players needing offseason surgeries. Brings the meaning of toughness to a different level.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

It's pretty crazy what NHLer's will play through. Every year after the cup finals we get all the reports of the players that were playing with a punctured lung, broken ribs, torn labrum, broken ankles, etc with lots of players needing offseason surgeries. Brings the meaning of toughness to a different level.

Yup, not to mention all of the "minor" injuries we never hear about, like broken toes....ever tried delicately squeezing your sore foot into a hard skate boot? BTDT, not fun lol, but these guys are on a whole other level.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Leafs pounding the Rageddy Andy’s (in New York) and showing why they are the favourites to come out of the east and lose to us in the Cup Final. 

Smells suspiciously like a teensy weensy bit of Leaf fandom 

20 hours ago, Alflives said:

Alf hates ‘em all (but us, of course) so there’s always a loser to bring joy to each night. It’s healthy to laugh at the losers. Good vibes. 

Is this still you 

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Smells suspiciously like a teensy weensy bit of Leaf fandom 

Is this still you 

Haha, I loved them as a '70's kid, it was either the Habs or Leafs back then...watching with my dad as Sittler scored that 10 point game, I'll never forget that.

• Cheers 1