[GDT] Around the NHL [December 2023]

Coconuts

2 hours ago, Dom said:

Of course it's possible. However, I believe in this team and the fact that they will finish top 3. 

i dont have that believe unless they figure out their defence and spread the offence.. we are literally a 1 line team most night.. EP line struggles 5v5 with the defenceman he's with.. basically whenever qh or hronek is not on the ice 5v5.. EP line struggles.. so unless they figure something out and split them up to spread the offence.. we are a 1 line team most nights against the good teams.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

Wasn’t Buffalo suppose to be good?

Supposedly they rebuilt their team the right way. They’ve been rebuilding for 15 years. Hasn’t worked out yet. They are a classic case of why a rebuild doesn’t always work. Multiple 1st overall picks and still they are not even a playoff team. 

Thank God we have JR who knew not to do the same thing with Vancouver. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Joshua.Guy said:

LA are doing their best to waste all those games in hand. Dropped 3 straight now.

Doughty and Kopitar looked old tonight. 

And their goalies don't scare anyone 

Edited by Jaimito
  • ThereItIs 2

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Sabres. 🤣
Another embarrassing loss. 
Dahlin sucking pucks. Horrid contract.

Makes Alf happy! 

Quinn Hughes - 39 points, +23

Rasmus Dahlin - 24 points, -9

It's not even a competition anymore.  Hughes is literally the best defenceman in the NHL.  Meanwhile Dahlin is going for the green jacket this year...

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Chon derry said:

@Coconuts with how low bears contracts have been and given the leafs  cap situation I wonder if the leafs low balled him. And I wouldn’t blame bear for going after some more paper. Good for him if that was the case 

Maybe he saw a better opportunity in Washington, or maybe a third Canadian team didn't tickle his fancy

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe he saw a better opportunity in Washington, or maybe a third Canadian team didn't tickle his fancy

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Probably the only place offering term 

What ever the case it’s nice to see  Toronto’s not Center of the universe for everybody. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Quinn Hughes - 39 points, +23

Rasmus Dahlin - 24 points, -9

It's not even a competition anymore.  Hughes is literally the best defenceman in the NHL.  Meanwhile Dahlin is going for the green jacket this year...

makar would like a word. if the vote end today makar would be running away with the norris based on the last 6 weeks. Hughes despite scoring have a xGF of 46%.. the team as a whole is at 52%.. which means they were actually better with hughes off the ice.. on top Makar is at a whooping 59% xfg% 13 % higher than hughes

I'm watching cbj vs leafs.... and by watching i mean I'm listening cause my eyes are here and not on my tv.. Can't tell there are two teams playing. I think they only time they mention cbj is when they have the puck on their stick and even then its a brief mention of the players name and then another long winded spiel about the leafs.

I forgot how bad leafs games are. Haven't watched one in ages

16 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

makar would like a word. if the vote end today makar would be running away with the norris based on the last 6 weeks. Hughes despite scoring have a xGF of 46%.. the team as a whole is at 52%.. which means they were actually better with hughes off the ice.. on top Makar is at a whooping 59% xfg% 13 % higher than hughes

Don't think so.  You don't win the Norris based on 6 weeks.  What about the 6 weeks prior to that?  Hughes will be a finalist for the Norris 100% this year...

• Huggy Bear 1

27 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

F Makar. He’s not on our club. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1