[GDT] Around the NHL [December 2023]

Coconuts

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Both Petey and Hughes are superior players to BT. Benning is no longer our GM. We have competent management and coaching agsin. As good as when we had Gillis and AV. 

As per my sig, I certainly don't agree with your assessment of our management and coaching.  As incompetent as Gillis with added character issues.  I certainly don't trust them with that kind of trade.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf hates ‘em all, but appreciates how Mackinnon plays. He’s no powder-puff like McWhiner. 

one trick whiner will lead his team to disappointment. When you look at the complete effort of players like MacK, its annoying that the media can't wait to hand the Hart to McWhiner again. So lazy, and actually disrespectful to players that actually try to have a complete game. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, AatuD2 said:

@Sabrefan1 

How has that lefty dman worked out? Samuelsson? 

Are the Sabres still fully committed to the playoffs this year? 

He's solid for a young guy.  He's right about where he was expected to be.  Dahlin has been good, but not as good as he was last year.  Owen Power is also playing well and on track.

The Sabres are committed to make the playoffs but are much too young and inexperienced right now.  One day, they're beating the top teams soundly, then the next, they go on a 2 or 3 game losing bender to awful or plain average teams.

It's frustrating to watch, but necessary.  Rebuilds are painful.  The Sabres finally rebuilt the right way through the draft alongside a shrewd trade or two.  Fans of the team are just now in the have patience stage.

• Cheers 1