[GDT] Around the NHL [December 2023]

Coconuts

22 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He's solid for a young guy.  He's right about where he was expected to be.  Dahlin has been good, but not as good as he was last year.  Owen Power is also playing well and on track.

The Sabres are committed to make the playoffs but are much too young and inexperienced right now.  One day, they're beating the top teams soundly, then the next, they go on a 2 or 3 game losing bender to awful or plain average teams.

It's frustrating to watch, but necessary.  Rebuilds are painful.  The Sabres finally rebuilt the right way through the draft alongside a shrewd trade or two.  Fans of the team are just now in the have patience stage.

Ian Cole has been such a good add for us this year. While I don't like Detroit's strategy of adding every free agent they could last summer and handcuffing themselves a bit, I do think that Sabres really need to add one or two good older d-men. Not even sure how much room they would have for them? 

I can easily see Detroit slipping now with their injuries. 

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Ian Cole has been such a good add for us this year. While I don't like Detroit's strategy of adding every free agent they could last summer and handcuffing themselves a bit, I do think that Sabres really need to add one or two good older d-men. Not even sure how much room they would have for them? 

I can easily see Detroit slipping now with their injuries. 

The Sabres could for sure use a couple of solid bottom pairing D-men, but that will likely come through the pipeline rather than by trade.  Unless of course by the trade deadline, they've scratched their way into contention.

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The Sabres could for sure use a couple of solid bottom pairing D-men, but that will likely come through the pipeline rather than by trade.  Unless of course by the trade deadline, they've scratched their way into contention.

See I think that you need to look for those through the league instead of through your youth pipeline. 

Great me Dahlin, Powers, Samuelson, and then two big veterans that have won a lot in the league and are between 30 to 34. 

46 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

See I think that you need to look for those through the league instead of through your youth pipeline. 

Great me Dahlin, Powers, Samuelson, and then two big veterans that have won a lot in the league and are between 30 to 34. 

Not likely for this year either way unless their play suddenly balances out.  The inconsistent play this year is causing too many losses and the Sabres are unlikely making the playoffs unless they can get their on ice performance buttoned up soon.  The clock is ticking.

1 hour ago, LionofJudah said:

Well its a shit fest in Buffalo tonight.

Sad and pathetic.  I've already stopped watching it.  They beat the Champs the other night and promptly started playing like crap after.  Same thing all season.  Beat the Bruins, then play like crap.  Beat the Golden Knights, then play like crap.  Rinse. Repeat.

Edited by Sabrefan1

3 hours ago, AatuD2 said:

I swear half the Sabres fan base is slow.  People are apparently just now figuring out that Owen Power is an offensive d-man with marginal defensive skills.  That's never been a secret to anyone.  When he was drafted, it was said that his coaches were going to have to drill NHL style defense into him.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Owen Power won the green jacket tonight. He’s much worse defensively than Dahlin. Having said that, Dahlin at  $11 million is going to look really bad in a few years. 

That whole team sucks pucks. Time to rebuild AGAIN! Losers! 🤣
Hughes is a million times better than Dahlin. Those here who posted otherwise should BOW and KNEEL to the empties. 

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sabres 🤣 9!

Seriously, trade Dahlin (he’s terrible) but some sucker will take his loser ass, and build around Power. 

The Sabres won't build around Power.  He's on track as a third year d-man with limited defensive skills.  He was drafted for his offensive skills.

The Sabres aren't building around anybody.  They learned their lesson with Eichel.  You build a team into a team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The Sabres won't build around Power.  He's on track as a third year d-man with limited defensive skills.  He was drafted for his offensive skills.

The Sabres aren't building around anybody.  They learned their lesson with Eichel.  You build a team into a team.

okay. Garland for Power. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sabres 🤣 9!

Seriously, trade Dahlin (he’s terrible) but some sucker will take his loser ass, and build around Power. 

You're supposed to make fun of Edmonton, Calgary, Chicago, and the Wings Alfie!  

Sabres are our sister team. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

After a 9-4 butt-whooping by a terrible team, it's tough to blame him.  He's not as bad as half the Sabres fans online right now... lol

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Alf hates ‘em all. Which ever team loses that’s who will be made fun of. Oilers and Sabres tonight! 🤣

Dahlin and Nurse suck pucks. Nurse sucks less because he’s got the better contract. 
Now this is fun! 

• Haha 1