[GDT] Around the NHL [December 2023]

Coconuts

19 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Like I've been saying this season, the Sabres beat the big boys then manage to lose to the next couple of mediocre/bad teams that they play! 

It is so bass ackwards!

Canucks used to do that on the regular; or play so well against those good teams, that we could kid ourselves that we were the reason those good teams lost their next game.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Like I've been saying this season, the Sabres beat the big boys then manage to lose to the next couple of mediocre/bad teams that they play! 

It is so bass ackwards!

Someone's scoring 9 when the Sabres play.

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Old Time Hockey, coach. Like Eddy Shore...🤠

RDT_20231221_213012661499378424961251.thumb.jpg.bc3019d31ed4169ad5220bba39280d6d.jpg

The staredown

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Gurn said:

Canucks used to do that on the regular; or play so well against those good teams, that we could kid ourselves that we were the reason those good teams lost their next game.

I remember.  It was infuriating with them as well.  It's like I get over it with one of my teams, and the other picks up the ball and runs with it... 😐

Edited by Sabrefan1
grammar
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

It is so bass ackwards!

I like that the Leafs shit the bed any night, any time. Leafs management has built a team to fail in the playoffs. TSN page after a Leaf win, twenty different articles, after an embarrassing loss, crickets.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

TSN page after a Leaf win, twenty different articles, after an embarrassing loss, crickets.

Have you ever checked TSN after a Leafs loss? There's a ton of articles/videos covering it. Including scrutiny over Samsonov as @hockeyville88 mentioned.

No matter the result, the Leafs are 99% of what TSN talks about.

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Have you ever checked TSN after a Leafs loss? There's a ton of articles/videos covering it. Including scrutiny over Samsonov as @hockeyville88 mentioned.

No matter the result, the Leafs are 99% of what TSN talks about.

I'm not going to nitpick with you all day, but that's a stretch. I saw one video clip of Samsonov, and further down the nhl page, an article on whether Matthews is going to score 70 goals. No goaltending, no defense, what good is a 70 goal scorer in Leafland.

19 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

That Sidney Crosby kid looks pretty good!

Not really. That's just the Canadian sports media pumping his tires.

He's putting up points but not playing very good hockey. Like a lot of Canucks players last year..

His team is old and sucks. His line gets points that's about it..

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, hockeyville88 said:

Not sure why all the media are dumping on Samsonov. Some of those goals against were awful defending by Toronto

Some were awful defending, others weren't.  Toronto has TWO problems, not one.

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Not really. That's just the Canadian sports media pumping his tires.

He's putting up points but not playing very good hockey. Like a lot of Canucks players last year..

His team is old and sucks. His line gets points that's about it..

Sid has looked solid all year.  The team hasn't, especially that power play. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

Some were awful defending, others weren't.  Toronto has TWO problems, not one.

Sid has looked solid all year.  The team hasn't, especially that power play. 

If you think pond hockey is solid sure..

He knows his team not going anywhere. He's just going for points.. 

So much so that he's trying out McCann's stick curve to shoot better from further out to get more goals. McCann succeeded with getting a $25 million dollar contract by scoring 40 goals in Seattle.  So Crosby is trying out his stick curve to score more. 

He's not the Crosby of few years back. He's 36 years old. Last couple years he gets 70% plus Ozone starts..Put up points while team is next to CBJ in the standings. That's all. 

Edited by WHL rocks