[GDT] Around the NHL [December 2023]

Coconuts

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

😋

Pasta with the assist, goal and two assists 

He's earning his pay, I thought Boston might fall off without Krejci and Bergeron but he's really adjusted his game and demonstrated that he really is a top tier talent 

Still on pace for 50+ goals but his assists have gone up, he's more than a one trick pony 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Leo could be the best player from last year’s draft. Just wait until he is fully grown. Will be better than Petey. 

You have to wonder if he's frustrated with the "load management" system Anaheim is giving him since it basically removes him from Calder consideration.

• Cheers 2

Just now, GrammaInTheTub said:

Byfield has really turned it around. I’m happy for him as a player, but I hate it as a Canucks fan haha. I’d hate it less if LA still sucked and wasn’t challenging us in the west. 

Kings are big, fast, and play in straight lines. They don’t have any fancy players spinning around like Garland. They are hard on and off pucks. The thing is we have a much better core with more elite skill. Tocchet gets the group to all player the right way (bye bye garlsnd) and we will beat the Kings. Our elite skill will make the difference, especially in a seven game series. This is why Tocchet is pushing the guys to play the right way. He knows. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Joshua.Guy said:

LA hasn't played since Wednesday and Colorado 2nd half of back to back and 3rd in 4 nights. Who makes these schedules? Lol

And these bad schedules are hard on the top minute guys. No Makar tonight. Out with a lower body injury. Knee? 

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

And not willing to trade anyone to get the pieces they actually need.

But hey they got the “steal of the draft” again. 😂

After getting Power the Sabres should have traded Dahlin. They could have got a lot in return to fill out their roster with veteran leadership.