[GDT] Around the NHL [December 2023]

Coconuts

Friends and family over last night and the game was on. I didn't watch as closely as usual but one of the punks would just cheer the Sharks goals just to screw with us Canuck fans. Was so satisfying to sit back and watch my team amp up several times to make sure to secure the W. For years this team would of lost that game, having not brought their A game, but I just knew the team had the horses to shut the punk in the room up. Pils were extra tasty last night, first place Pils Christmas Pils that I haven't tasted in  long time. Cheers All!!!

Edited by Rekker
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Rekker said:

Fiends and family over last night and the game was on. I didn't watch as closely as usual but one of the punks would just cheer the Sharks goals just to screw with us Canuck fans. Was so satisfying to sit back and watch my team amp up several times to make sure to secure the W. For years this team would of lost that game, having not brought their A game, but I just knew the team had the horses to shut the punk in the room up. Pils were extra tasty last night, first place Pils Christmas Pils that I haven't tasted in  long time. Cheers All!!!

You are very inclusive to invite fiends over. :classic_laugh:

Or is that just your in-laws? 😃

Fun fact, my phone auto corrected fiends to friends at first.

Edited by Kragar
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Kragar said:

You are very inclusive to invite fiends over. :classic_laugh:

Or is that just your in-laws? 😃

Fun fact, my phone auto corrected fiends to friends at first.

Combination of Auto correct and typing without my readers on, lol.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

I know the world juniors are a thing, but why doesn't the NHL schedule a full day of hockey like the NBA does on Christmas?  I feel like this is a squandered opportunity.

If you are suggesting a big slate of games on Christmas Day, I think there's too much competition for TV sports already, with football and NBA, that I'm not sure it is worth it for the NHL.  And I think the players appreciate a few days off to spend with family.

I for one am glad it is quiet for a while.  It's bad enough with college football (which I ignore, just to be clear), it sucks having NFL on Christmas, IMO.  I tuned in a little, as I was invested in the Chiefs game for fantasy purposes, but wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

My only concern about the NHL schedule is Canucks getting so much extra time off at this point, playing Thursday then Tuesday.  Could make the Tuesday game a bummer if it is too long a break for them, but I guess they will be extra rested for the 7-game trip coming up after that.

Edited by Kragar

Fourteen games today. Although the good guys aren't playing. 

Why is it that I'm cheering for Washington, Florida, Ottawa, Buffalo, St. Louis, Arizona, Anaheim and San Jose??? I really don't know why but I'd be really happy if they all won.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Kevlar said:

Fourteen games today. Although the good guys aren't playing. 

Why is it that I'm cheering for Washington, Florida, Ottawa, Buffalo, St. Louis, Arizona, Anaheim and San Jose??? I really don't know why but I'd be really happy if they all won.

Are you cheering for those clubs to win or more that their opponent loses? 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Kragar said:

If you are suggesting a big slate of games on Christmas Day, I think there's too much competition for TV sports already, with football and NBA, that I'm not sure it is worth it for the NHL.  And I think the players appreciate a few days off to spend with family.

I for one am glad it is quiet for a while.  It's bad enough with college football (which I ignore, just to be clear), it sucks having NFL on Christmas, IMO.  I tuned in a little, as I was invested in the Chiefs game for fantasy purposes, but wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

My only concern about the NHL schedule is Canucks getting so much extra time off at this point, playing Thursday then Tuesday.  Could make the Tuesday game a bummer if it is too long a break for them, but I guess they will be extra rested for the 7-game trip coming up after that.

I mean on a day like today, where Christmas is over, and they can still dedicate a full day if hockey.  

14 games today, and they could've spread it out like the NBA on Christmas.  All I'm saying.

Edited by Miss Korea

36 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I mean on a day like today, where Christmas is over, and they can still dedicate a full day if hockey.  

14 games today, and they could've spread it out like the NBA on Christmas.  All I'm saying.

If you mean having some games earlier in the day, so that there is a solid day of hockey, I can see it.

Maybe an issue with some people getting out of work, but you'd think there'd be enough able to attend, especially young-uns.  Of course, with the way the scheduler goes, that would probably mean our boys getting another dreaded noon game.

Avs, Dallas, and Winnipeg all drop points. 

Vegas is down 5-2 after 2.  

LA Kings are winning 3-1 against Sharks.  

Tomorrow it's Vegas vs LA.  

We could be looking at opening up a 4 point lead in the entire West tomorrow. 

I'm casually looking at the Central teams as rivals for first overall in the West which would matter quite a bit for getting the weaker team in the 1st round and also for maintaining home advantage above every other team until SCF. 

Lames out shot Kraken 38 -21 but still lost (2-1) 😆😆😆

That Bedard is something else, both goals including OT winner in 2-1 win over WPG

Kings and NYR keep on winning, at least VGK lost.....and the Laffs lost too hahaha

WTH is with COL?!?! Blew a 4-0 lead to ARI and lost 5-4

Apologies as I'm sure all of this has already been reported here!

• Cheers 1