[GDT] Around the NHL [December 2023]

Coconuts

15 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

What a fun game to watch. One of the best hames to watch all season. McDavid is healthy and just dominant. 

Down 2-0 Oilers come back win in shootout. 4 wins in a row, 14-6 since coaching change. 

5 points from the last wc, with two games in hand and are definitely back in the hunt.  

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

5 points from the last wc, with two games in hand and are definitely back in the hunt.  

Ya they're right behind NSH in P%. They're a top tier team. It's only 33 games into the season. They'll be in the playoffs making noise. 

McDavid 47 Pts in 31 games, 3rd in PPG behind only Kucherov and MacKinnon.  He'll be in the lead in a month or two. 50 games to go in season. 

Missed a couple of games due to injury played injured to start the season. Now he's healthy and dominating. His goal was just sick today. Tried that play missed tried it again scored then 3rd time he ran same play and passed for the apple on game tieing goal. 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya they're right behind NSH in P%. They're a top tier team. It's only 33 games into the season. They'll be in the playoffs making noise. 

McDavid 47 Pts in 31 games, 3rd in PPG behind only Kucherov and MacKinnon.  He'll be in the lead in a month or two. 50 games to go in season. 

Missed a couple of games due to injury played injured to start the season. Now he's healthy and dominating. His goal was just sick today. Tried that play missed tried it again scored then 3rd time he ran same play and passed for the apple on game tieing goal. 

You sound... Happy for them?

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I am rooting for them.. Why not..

I cheer for all Canadian teams. Been getting heat for it since 2010 when I joined CDC lol

I've gone to Edmonton a lot over the past 10 years.. was there for a year before covid hit and went to a lot of Oilers games. 

The rink was 15 mins away from where I was staying and I'd pay $40 for a ticket including $10 beer voucher on weeknights. Such an entertaining team to watch. It's fun on tv but a lot better in person. McDavid's speed is something to behold watching him live.  

I root for a lot of teams/players Moved to the US gor a few years in me teenage years, had a satellite dish back in the early 90s and watched hockey from all around the league. I don't have a problem cheering for talented players even if they aren't playing on the Canucks.  

But I cheer for all the Canadian teams especially the small market teams like Edmonton Winnipeg and Ottawa. 

Fair enough.... Thanks for sharing and standing your ground without being a dick about it. 

Though... Due to team location, yes they're considered "small market" but they're also national media darlings... They were when they had gretzky and they are again with McDavid.  It's annoying because Van never has been the national media darling... The Oil and Leafs are given a free pass and don't get the same degree of scrutiny. 

I like Ottawa and Winnipeg because they aren't media favorites either.  But Edmonton, and Toronto are.... And they can kiss my ass. 

A especially because they were crowned Stanley Cup champs before season started... Even though, in my opinion, they don't deserve it, because their defence and goaltending didn't change enough to justify the accolades.

Regardless, I respect your opinion, just don't share it.  

Cheers

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I cheer for all Canadian teams. Been getting heat for it since 2010 when I joined CDC lol

I've gone to Edmonton a lot over the past 10 years.. was there for a year before covid hit and went to a lot of Oilers games. 

The rink was 15 mins away from where I was staying and I'd pay $40 for a ticket including $10 beer voucher on weeknights. Such an entertaining team to watch. It's fun on tv but a lot better in person. McDavid's speed is something to behold watching him live.  

I root for a lot of teams/players Moved to the US gor a few years in me teenage years, had a satellite dish back in the early 90s and watched hockey from all around the league. I don't have a problem cheering for talented players even if they aren't playing on the Canucks.  

But I cheer for all the Canadian teams especially the small market teams like Edmonton Winnipeg and Ottawa. 

Stand Up What GIF by 800 Pound Gorilla Media

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Alf hates all but us. The most hated have the most fans. So when they lose theirs lots of suffering to enjoy. That means all the Canadian clubs are hated most. Then the US teams, with the Panthers, Canes, and Coyotes gated a bit less because they have so few fans.

There’s always a loser to enjoy each game. But it’s especially sweet when it’s a Canadian club. 

21 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

I love watching NESN announcers whine about Boston getting "screwed" on the Detroit tying goal in the game. Worst announcer team in hockey.

Hell yeah! The call as described on ice by the official was a little bizarre though. 

19 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

lol, never seen this before 

More incompetence from the refs…

In what world do you not blow the whistle there? That was like 4 full seconds! 😂

Think about all the plays the refs blow the whistle after like 1 second.

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

In what world do you not blow the whistle there? That was like 4 full seconds! 😂

I mean, they did all turn away as soon as it hit the goalie... no one was anywhere close... I've definitely seen/heard refs tell the goalies to play the puck to keep play going if there's no pressure.

Wait, did I just defend a ref? 🤮

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

There wasn't a lighting player anywhere near him, no need to call it dead.  There was never a whistle. That goal was on the Tampa players who quit prematurely 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

There wasn't a lighting player anywhere near him, no need to call it dead.  There was never a whistle. That goal was on the Tampa players who quit prematurely 

What about a shot from far out?

A goalie is allowed to freeze the puck if they want to. Never seen a ref not blow the whistle for that long.