[GDT] Around the NHL [December 2023]

Coconuts

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What about a shot from far out?

A goalie is allowed to freeze the puck if they want to. Never seen a ref not blow the whistle for that long.

Bottom line is the whistle wasn't blown.  It's up the the players to keep playing whistle to whistle 

47 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Bottom line is the whistle wasn't blown.  It's up the the players to keep playing whistle to whistle 

Yup.  I'm no Habs fan at all, but I approve of this goal.

There's about 2 dozen Pens players and staff on the ice... someone should have known the play was not dead.

2 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

There wasn't a lighting player anywhere near him, no need to call it dead.  There was never a whistle. That goal was on the Tampa players who quit prematurely 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

What about a shot from far out?

A goalie is allowed to freeze the puck if they want to. Never seen a ref not blow the whistle for that long.

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

Yup.  I'm no Habs fan at all, but I approve of this goal.

There's about 2 dozen Pens players and staff on the ice... someone should have known the play was not dead.

Plenty of blame to go around.  Kucherov lazily doesn't challenge the goalie, who promptly realizes what's going on.  Cheeky move.  The man in the penalty box also fucked up by turning on the TV timeout light, who then triggers the arena man to turn on his lights.  The guy in the penalty box is a league official so he should definitely be chewed out here.  But the refs on the ice made the right call.

These types of goals are great.

• Cheers 1

edmonton have 7 winnable games coming up in january and a very soft schedule.. we have 5 and also have a really tough back to back in new york.. don't look now.. our lead over edmonton can easily shrink from 8 if they win their game in hand to maybe 4ish if we don't match their pace

28 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

edmonton have 7 winnable games coming up in january and a very soft schedule.. we have 5 and also have a really tough back to back in new york.. don't look now.. our lead over edmonton can easily shrink from 8 if they win their game in hand to maybe 4ish if we don't match their pace

Makes sense for them to do well.  They are icing the exact same team as last year, where they got 50 wins.  Regardless of their playoff aspirations, the Oilers are a deadly team to face in the regular season.

53 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Makes sense for them to do well.  They are icing the exact same team as last year, where they got 50 wins.  Regardless of their playoff aspirations, the Oilers are a deadly team to face in the regular season.

i still wouldn't want to play them in the playoff either. yes we beaten them 3 straight.. but iirc we were fairly outplayed in the last 2 and won coz our goaltending was godly.. and their goaltender couldn't stop a beach ball.. i prefer to avoid them if possible.. Mcdavid and draisatal we can laugh at them all we want.. but those 2 can single handedly win a series by themselves with average goaltending. 

8 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i still wouldn't want to play them in the playoff either. yes we beaten them 3 straight.. but iirc we were fairly outplayed in the last 2 and won coz our goaltending was godly.. and their goaltender couldn't stop a beach ball.. i prefer to avoid them if possible.. Mcdavid and draisatal we can laugh at them all we want.. but those 2 can single handedly win a series by themselves with average goaltending. 

This forum can ridicule them all they want, but on a point-per-game basis there is no team McDavid enjoys beating more than the Vancouver Canucks.  64 points in 40 career games.  Calgary is a distant 53 points in 42 games.  The man is a born Canuck killer and I fucking hate it.

41 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

This forum can ridicule them all they want, but on a point-per-game basis there is no team McDavid enjoys beating more than the Vancouver Canucks.  64 points in 40 career games.  Calgary is a distant 53 points in 42 games.  The man is a born Canuck killer and I fucking hate it.

lol it just seems the 2 greatest player from edmonton is a natural born canuck killer.. didn't gretzky set a few of his record while playing against the canucks?? and taylor hall broke gretzky's record for fastest hat trick also against the canucks lol