[GDT] Around the NHL [December 2023]

Coconuts

15 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Byfield has really turned it around. I’m happy for him as a player, but I hate it as a Canucks fan haha. I’d hate it less if LA still sucked and wasn’t challenging us in the west. 

Kings are very good, they lowkey have been the last couple seasons, I recall going back and forth on it back on CDC. Folks kept expecting them to fall off but they just kept finding ways to win.

They're built between than Edmonton, the knock is they just couldn't overcome the Oil's star power. 

If Byfield can keep building on what he's done this season it could be a game changer for LA. He's been impressive, he's got all the tools to be a top player in this league.

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Kings are very good, they lowkey have been the last couple seasons, I recall going back and forth on it back on CDC. Folks kept expecting them to fall off but they just kept finding ways to win.

They're built between than Edmonton, the knock is they just couldn't overcome the Oil's star power. 

If Byfield can keep building on what he's done this season it could be a game changer for LA. He's been impressive, he's got all the tools to be a top player in this league.

With Kopitar, PLD and Danault, he had no choice but to play wing and it has worked perfectly.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Would not at all be surprised to see LA in the SCF this year.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

With Kopitar, PLD and Danault, he had no choice but to play wing and it has worked perfectly.

He may play center yet too, Kopitar won't be around forever

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Would not at all be surprised to see LA in the SCF this year.

Me either, Talbot has really been a good story for them, their D is solid, and they've got arguably some of the best center depth in the league 

Edited by Coconuts

4 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

Hedman with 1k games. Got his silver stick. They even gave his two kids mini silver sticks. What a great moment. He's such a likeable guy

Super great player and in among the best D of All Time. There’s a reason why TBay didn’t win Cups (or really do anything in the playoffs) when he was injured. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Super great player and in among the best D of All Time. There’s a reason why TBay didn’t win Cups (or really do anything in the playoffs) when he was injured. 

Norris finalist 6 years in a row which is really impressive, and he looking like he might be one again this year.

Seems Tampa made the right decision to bring in Ohlund to mentor him even if he was on just one knee at that point.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Rubik said:

Arizona is on a 5-game winning streak... you may ask, who did they beat? the last five Stanley Cup champions

Almost in order too, if only they flipped the Tampa and Colorado game.

That's actually a pretty crazy stat, I wonder if it's ever been done before. Too bad they don't play Pittsburgh next to keep it going.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I dunno, I'm pretty sure Kopitar is a cyborg.

He's the Slovenian captain America, they just haven't been able to replicate their scientific success and step towards international hockey dominance 

• Vintage 1