[GDT] Around the NHL [December 2023]

Coconuts

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Every club will have to go through a crappy schedule, like we did in November. Kings have had an easy schedule so far. Now it gets tough for a bit. Let’s see how they manage the hard travel and condensed games. IMHAO they will drop. Their best players are old. 

Silly Alf, you're talking out of your ass

Kings top point getters are 

Kempe with 22, age 27

Fiala with 20, age 27

Kopitar with 20, age 36

Moore with 20, age 28

Byfield with 18, age 21

Kings are largely a prime aged team with some youth mixed in, their real strength is their overall depth given they have 8 players with 10 points or more with another 3 players sitting at 9 points 

They don't have stars running away with point leads the way we do, they simply have depth contributors throughout their lineup, which is probably why they're the one team who has scored more goals than us thus far despite having a 17th ranked powerplay 

Kopitar and Doughty are still extremely important players for them, but Kopitar has a lot of help up front nowadays 

If they can actually get Dubois going, look out 

The point totals above don't include points gathered by Kings players tonight

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/kings

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1

LA is just a power house.  Love their style. Barely allow goals. North South Heavy game..

Down 3 - 0 earlier I told my buddy watch they'll come back make it interesting..

They win in OT 4 - 3

10 - 0 on the road this year to start the season. 

Tied the NHL record. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

LA is just a power house.  Love their style. Barely allow goals. North South Heavy game..

Down 3 - 0 earlier I told my buddy watch they'll come back make it interesting..

They win in OT 4 - 3

Tied the NHL record. 

CBJ is a joke. LA sucks pucks. They rely on old guys. Not sustainable. Soon to fall off a cliff. Loser team in a loser city with loser fans. Only losers cheer for them to do well. 
#embracethehate

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

They win in OT 4 - 3

Tied the NHL record. 

That's a good team over there in LA, bad helmets, but good team.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Silly Alf, you're talking out of your ass

Kings top point getters are 

Kempe with 22, age 27

Fiala with 20, age 27

Kopitar with 20, age 36

Moore with 20, age 28

Byfield with 18, age 21

Kings are largely a prime aged team with some youth mixed in, their real strength is their overall depth given they have 8 players with 10 points or more with another 3 players sitting at 9 points 

They don't have stars running away with point leads the way we do, they simply have depth contributors throughout their lineup, which is probably why they're the one team who has scored more goals than us thus far despite having a 17th ranked powerplay 

Kopitar and Doughty are still extremely important players for them, but Kopitar has a lot of help up front nowadays 

If they can actually get Dubois going, look out 

The point totals above don't include points gathered by Kings players tonight

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/kings

Doughty leads their team in ice time by a country mile.  

25:37 average ice time for Doughty 

The next player is at 5 minutes less then Doughty.  

Kopitar, Doughty, and Danault are their most important players.  

1 hour ago, AatuD2 said:

Doughty leads their team in ice time by a country mile.  

25:37 average ice time for Doughty 

The next player is at 5 minutes less then Doughty.  

Kopitar, Doughty, and Danault are their most important players.  

I did say in my post that they were still important players, Doughty has always played those kind of minutes, he's been a top minute muncher league wide since he was young 

But they do have quite a but of support now, particularly up front

Kings are a team with very solid depth

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pens are in BIG TROUBLE. Wasted assets getting Karlsson. That guy is as selfish as it gets. He’s worse than Zegras! 

If the Canucks were as consistent as Alf is at hating on puck suckers we’d be first in the league! 😂

• Haha 1

Edmonton def looks to be rolling

If they can somehow turn Campbell's cap hit into something positive they could be even better 

A win tonight will have them six points out of a wildcard spot with games in hand

Edited by Coconuts

12 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Those Hughes guys are so smart, putting this here as opposed to the PGT because it'll just make folks sour 

Gotta respect game, the Hughes bros all have it 

Bleuger got owned there.  

The Pittsburgh Penguins just laid another egg last night.  They are .500 but already look dead.  Reilly Smith isn't finding chemistry with Malkin or Crosby.  Their powerplay hasn't scored in nearly a whole month (Nov 11).  This team is old as dirt but they are healthy and still performing like crap. 

How long does Dubas wait before pressing the panic button, whatever that means?  The last time they fired a coach mid-season, they won the Stanley Cup.  Twice.  The time before that, when Bylsma replaced Therrien, they... also won the Stanley Cup.  I'm sure that statistic is not lost on Dubas or Sullivan.