PGT - Vegas at Vancouver - November 30 2023

PhillipBlunt

Just now, CanuckFanForever said:

SO the players aren't playing his system has he lost the room.

No. that is his system and that is the problem

Why were we having success at the start? 

Maybe it’s injuries - players can’t play at their peak - and our defence has been decimated 

• Cheers 1

Disappointed in Miller on the 2nd goal. Lazy coming back, then tries to make a hit instead of covering closer to the net.

Flat game in general, no bounces our way, and tight, nearly perfect checking by Vegas. Not a good recipe.

Edited by Kragar
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The team is fine as it is made up.

The Problem is The Canucks keep hiring non winning inexperience Head coaches.

No coach is turning this ship around to contendership. Not without roster improvements. It would be like trying to squeeze blood out of a stone. 

We also had a high winning coach and look how that panned out.

We don't have the roster to compete with top teams yet. 

Need more. Plain and simple. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Why were we having success at the start? 

Maybe it’s injuries - players can’t play at their peak - and our defence has been decimated 

We where beating non playoff teams And in generally as the season goes on teams get harder to play against defensively as they shore up.

Teams that don't shore up defensively start to fall down the standings Edm Tor in recent years.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

No coach is turning this ship around to contendership. Not without roster improvements. It would be like trying to squeeze blood out of a stone. 

We also had a high winning coach and look how that panned out.

We don't have the roster to compete with top teams yet. 

Need more. Plain and simple. 

JR and AV has already made 11 roster regular changes only the core remain. So who needs to go Miller, Pettersson, Hughes, Demko who. 

Myers I will give you but who else.

If you start naming JR an AV players they brought in we are having a different discussing

There was a quote from RT before this rather hyped up game - RT was quoted as saying “this is just another game, there’s plenty of hockey to be played for the rest of the season”

and for some reason I think that’s exactly the attitude this team has right now

they’re just taking this is just another game

it didn’t matter anything to them and you can see how that translates on the ice

they didnt seem to give a fuck

the fans had massive expectations but the players didn’t live up to them…

Sounds like RT has lower expectations probably due to injuries and so the team is slowing down and taking it easy right now and not making a big deal out of this game…

honestly I don’t know I’m just trying to figure out why the hell this team didn’t show up… Just like they didn’t show up against Toronto… It’s like maybe they can’t handle the pressure yet

Blah blah blah vent vent vent…

oh the life of a Canuck fan…

what a let down 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

There was a quote from RT before this rather hyped up game - RT was quoted as saying “this is just another game, there’s plenty of hockey to be played for the rest of the season”

it didn’t matter anything to them and you can see how that translates on the ice

Sounds like RT has lower expectations probably due to injuries and so the team is slowing down and taking it easy right now and not making a big deal out of this game…

honestly I don’t know I’m just trying to figure out why the hell this team didn’t show up… Just like they didn’t show up against Toronto… It’s like maybe they can’t handle the pressure yet

what a let down 

If it is another game then why didn't they show up for it. Playoff teams show up for all the games.

That is a Tocchet attitude doesn't even Care

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

what a let down 

Just trust the proces

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If it is another game then why didn't they show up for it. Playoff teams show up for all the games.

That is a Tocchet attitude doesn't even Care

Good point… I’m sure he cares but he says a lot of things… He said before the game that there’s still a lot of hockey to play in this year this is just another game…