PGT - Vegas at Vancouver - November 30 2023

PhillipBlunt

7 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I think it's time to see the Lotto line back together. Petey Kuz and Mik isn't working. 

The problem I believe is Petty's secret injury that no one is talking about.   He is 100% definately playing protective but I still haven't been able to isolate what body part is hurting.   Hope he gets better soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Wait, I thought you were bitching about the coach?

Now you are moving to the D?

Better stop chasing the rotgut with Red Bulls.  All that anger boosted with energy ain't a great mix.

Everything I have said is about the way this Coach is coaching the Defensive structure.

Tocchet can't coach Defense

• Haha 1

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

The problem I believe is Petty's secret injury that no one is talking about.   He is 100% definately playing protective but I still haven't been able to isolate what body part is hurting.   Hope he gets better soon.

I don't know. If he's injured, he wouldn't be making hits. He's been making a lot of hits.  

He's just been trash. No excuses.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

SO in you mind good coaches can only work "magic" when things are perfect.

Vegas is missing there top d-MAN AND THEIR #3 D-MAN. They ran over us

I'm curious... were you on the Vegas boards over the last few days as they lost to the Coyotes, Flames and Oilers all in a row, making similar comments?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Future Considerations said:

Come on, how you gonna fan forever with an outlook like that.   This loss is not on the coach.  Canucks have looked deadly good at points this year and need to learn to consistently play at their highest level.  Bottom 6 fwds have been showing up, that reflects well on the coach.  Canucks best players have to be better than the other teams best players.  Tonight they weren't.

No the Defensive structure or lack of it is on the coach.

Top 6 bottom 6 I don't care about just the goals given up how about all the other changes it is all the lines.

My theory is our best players are banged up and burnt out that’s why the bottom six look fresh… And we’re also missing some key ingredients to the recipe of success that we were having at the beginning of the year…

His team needs some rest and it needs to heal

I also think it needs some bigger faster forwards upfront and honestly Petey is an amazing talent when he’s healthy but he seems to get banged up really easily he might be too frail for this league

I wonder if we should actually trade him for tough a top 4 D or a tough center… 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, YourHuckleberry said:

The Knights looked like champs tonight. They are big, fast, skilled and composed, which made it difficult for the Canucks to (i) break out cleanly, (ii) establish a cycle and (iii) get between the offensive zone face off dots.

When teams have the personnel to maintain their defensive structure like the Knights do, I think it’s important to get them out of that structure by creating chaos and playing direct. Need to funnel everything to the net - cut to the crease instead of behind the net, try jam plays from down low, point shots with traffic, etc. Garland’s line was the most effective at this and probably deserved at least a goal.

Petterson and Juulsen stood out as having  rough games for different reasons. Petterson’s skill is elite but he still needs to learn how to dumb it down and make some greasy plays. He got bullied tonight. I like Juulsen’s effort but his decision making and skating are too slow. He is a serviceable stop gap for the occasional game against slower opponents but was outclassed tonight. 

That said, I don’t think they deserved to lose 4-1. Knights had some bounces in the creases at both ends go their favour tonight. 

Brock continues to impress by creating turnovers on the forecheck. Didn’t think he had to he speed to do it but he’s got the beef to battle on the boards. Looking forward to getting Soucy and Suter back, and seeing what Zadorov can bring to the back end.

Tough to have a perfect season. On to the next.

Totally - you summed it up well

Sacha Baron Cohen Yes GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kragar said:

I'm curious... were you on the Vegas boards over the last few days as they lost to the Coyotes, Flames and Oilers all in a row, making similar comments?

Vegas has proven to over come their defensive game after losing Theodore and Marinez a large part of their defense. Yes it took them some adjustment and they did lose because of it but where is the Canucks Adjustments. It is only getting worse

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Future Considerations said:

Come on, how you gonna fan forever with an outlook like that.   This loss is not on the coach.  Canucks have looked deadly good at points this year and need to learn to consistently play at their highest level.  Bottom 6 fwds have been showing up, that reflects well on the coach.  Canucks best players have to be better than the other teams best players.  Tonight they weren't.

I wouldn't say that.........this game has been the same as the vast majority in the last 12 games or so.  Tocchet says the right things, but nothing changes and he's really done nothing to get back on track.  Lines stay the same, players (hogz) who are busting ass are pigeonholed, instead of being given a chance to spark the top 6.  

It's time for tocchet to stop talking and start doing.  The honeymoon is over, time to go to work

3 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

My theory is our best players are banged up and burnt out that’s why the bottom six look fresh… And we’re also missing some key ingredients to the recipe of success that we were having at the beginning of the year…

I also think it needs some bigger faster forwards upfront and honestly Petey is an amazing talent when he’s healthy but he seems to get banged up really easily he might be too frail for this league

Theodore and Marinez are injured for Vegas and they found away to walk all over us

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Vegas just played 3 games in 4 nights and are missing key players as well.........every team is in the same boat, it's no excuse

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Who do they replace.

Which players currently on the roster goes.

Probably guys with cap and/or who are expiring that don’t fit in with the team composition. Garland, Myers, etc. Cole will need to be replaced, preferably by a higher calibre D. 

You also determine those with cheaper value you could keep based off season performances and fit in the lineup. Like Lafferty, Joshua, etc. 

Could name more but anyone reading should get the jist of it. 

10 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

SO in you mind good coaches can only work "magic" when things are perfect.

Vegas is missing there top d-MAN AND THEIR #3 D-MAN. They ran over us

You can definitely determine a coaches ability if he has a good roster to work with. Hard to do that with an unbalanced, poor composition roster. 

They have way better team composition and better depth. It goes a long way don’t it?  

Edited by Junkyard Dog

3 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Everything I have said is about the way this Coach is coaching the Defensive structure.

Tocchet can't coach Defense

So, being top 10 in goals against, while playing the most games in the league, is crappy defense?

Curious as to where you are pulling this nonsense from, since this has been the best D play here in years.

Anyhow, I'm done. I can't keep up with the ranting. 'Night.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

This guy is absolutely desperate for attention. Period. What a ... 

Just go look at the thread he started a few days ago. It was all about trashing Tochett. And now because we lost, here he is, throwing everything he's got at RT. 

What a guy. What a troll. 

Pathetic. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Probably guys with cap and/or who are expiring that don’t fit in with the team composition. Garland, Myers, etc. Cole will need to be replaced, preferably by a higher calibre D. 

You also determine those with cheaper value you could keep based off season performances and fit in the lineup. Like Lafferty, Joshua, etc. 

You can definitely determine a coaches ability if he has a good roster to work with. Hard to do that with an unbalanced, poor composition roster. 

They have way better team composition and better depth. It goes a long way don’t it?  

Yes you are going to get a better d-man then Myers for less money. But Garland and Cole not happening so in you perfect world where is the cap coming from after signing Hronek and Pettersson assuming you plan to keep them. My point there is no perfect world

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barn Burner said:

This guy is absolutely desperate for attention. Period. What a ... 

Just go look at the thread he started a few days ago. It was all about trashing Tochett. And now because we lost, here he is, throwing everything he's got at RT. 

What a guy. What a troll. 

Pathetic. 

I don't spend much time in Canucks Talk aside from PGTs.  Too much fluff, or nonsense (like what you are referring to) to be entertaining.

I guess if I had seen it, I woulda known better here :classic_wink:

• Cheers 1