PGT - Vegas at Vancouver - November 30 2023

PhillipBlunt

Just now, CanuckFanForever said:

Yes you are going to get a better d-man than Myers for less money. But Garland and Cole not happening so in you perfect world where is the cap coming from after signing Hronek and Pettersson assuming you plan to keep them. My point there is no perfect world

Be patient and you’ll see in due time. 

Anyways bedtime for me. Good night. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Huggy looks tired - probably from all the constant coverage from the opposition the last 2 weeks.

I don't think at this point, they need to make big changes but maybe some tweaks to strategy sometimes - opposition is having strong fore checks all day on the D and blocking shots - nothing stopping the Canucks from doing the same to opposition from time to time.

Canucks really need to be a bit more flexible and less predictable in their play patterns whether it is PP, PK or defensive structure.as teams are scouted relentlessly.

If they can learn how to handle a Calgary team that is similar in style to the rest of the division, fast + big body rosters, it would help them down the road against the rest of the division teams like LA + Vegas.

The season has a lots of ups and downs - the Flames beat them with a relentless fore check etc few weeks back  - lets see if the Canucks have learned anything from that game.

Just Win.jpg

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Kragar said:

So, being top 10 in goals against, while playing the most games in the league, is crappy defense?

Curious as to where you are pulling this nonsense from, since this has been the best D play here in years.

Anyhow, I'm done. I can't keep up with the ranting. 'Night.

What is the goals against playoff teams and non-playoff teams.

I'm not denying this team isn't going to the playoffs they can beat non playoff teams that 50%. They are good against bad teams for the most part.

Edited by CanuckFanForever

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Vegas just played 3 games in 4 nights and are missing key players as well.........every team is in the same boat, it's no excuse

Yeah I’m totally aware of that - it boils down to the fact that Vegas clearly was the better team tonight - they played a much better game and got the bounces…

the weird thing is they’ve only won four games of the last 10 - they havent been great at all… They just decided to show up tonight I guess and we didn’t…

It looks like someone needs to get into Petey’s brain and get him back into a confident mindset… 

8 minutes ago, Kragar said:

So, being top 10 in goals against, while playing the most games in the league, is crappy defense?

Curious as to where you are pulling this nonsense from, since this has been the best D play here in years.

Anyhow, I'm done. I can't keep up with the ranting. 'Night.

Mostly I think we have different definition of success for this team.

Making the playoffs and going 1 and done is not success

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Here's my analysis of what's wrong with the team:

-  Hughes is burning out... he's been playing 30 minute games lately too often.  He is still just a kid, younger players may be a little quicker, but they don't have as much endurance as 28-32 year olds.  I can see a huge difference between the first 15 games of the season and now.  Although it is tempting to play him a lot, (his average now is 25:00) but better to keep his average minutes to around 23:00.  He is the key to the offense. 

-  Same applies to a slightly lesser extent for Hronek.

-  JT Miller and Pettersson have been playing 20:00 per game... better to keep Petey down a little lower... around 18:00.  Same reason as Hughes.  Miller could probably play the same.  Less PK time... maybe make them the third pairing for the PK.  Work on the third and fourth lines taking on more of the PK work.

-  More emphasis on passing instead of carrying the puck... speed up the game that way.

-  Rotate in and out at least one of the bench forwards every game so everyone gets time off to be rested and gets motivated.  

With the addition of Zadorov, I am hoping the defense pairings will get stabilized.

Who's job is it to manage players minutes?

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

-  Hughes is burning out... he's been playing 30 minute games lately too often.  He is still just a kid, younger players may be a little quicker, but they don't have as much endurance as 28-32 year olds.  I can see a huge difference between the first 15 games of the season and now.  Although it is tempting to play him a lot, (his average now is 25:00) but better to keep his average minutes to around 23:00.  He is the key to the offense. 

-  JT Miller and Pettersson have been playing 20:00 per game... better to keep Petey down a little lower... around 18:00.  Same reason as Hughes.  Miller could probably play the same.  Less PK time... maybe make them the third pairing for the PK.  Work on the third and fourth lines taking on more of the PK work.

-  More emphasis on passing instead of carrying the puck... speed up the game that way.

-  Rotate in and out at least one of the bench forwards every game so everyone gets time off to be rested and gets motivated.  

With the addition of Zadorov, I am hoping the defense pairings will get stabilized.

Yup 

our stars are burnt out…

we miss Soucy and Suter and now Cole is out… Petey must be injured 

we need to improve the roster 

more depth 

we only have 2 decent D and they are over loaded… 

And peteys line is too soft 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Did Hughes need to play 27:33 in a 4-1 game where they lead 4-0

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

What is the goals against playoff teams and non-playoff teams.

I'm not denying this team isn't going to the playoffs they can beat now playoff teams that 50%. They are good against bad teams for the most part.

Goal differential with the top 8 teams in each conference, based on win%, is zero.  And just under 3 goals against per game. 

They do ok against playoff teams. Room for improvement, clearly, but not time to burn it down.

Well within expectations,  I think.

Now, really good night.

Just now, Kragar said:

Goal differential with the top 8 teams in each conference, based on win%, is zero.  And just under 3 goals against per game. 

They do ok against playoff teams. Room for improvement, clearly, but not time to burn it down.

Well within expectations,  I think.

Now, really good night.

I'm not saying burn it down I'm saying fire Tocchet and get and experienced coach

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

There’s something ironic about using ‘teached’ inappropriately in a sentence.

And isn’t Gonchar and another Hall of fame Defender Adam Foote their D coaches…

This team lacks character and the will and mental toughness to win 

There comes a time when sheer talent won’t win you games… Character will… and mental toughness is what gets you over the line… Sheer determination perseverance and a killer instinct… And a never quit attitude… This team needs to grow in that area

I think that’s the main thing…

• Cheers 1