PGT - Vegas at Vancouver - November 30 2023

PhillipBlunt

39 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Everything I have said is about the way this Coach is coaching the Defensive structure.

Tocchet can't coach Defense

Gonchar and Adam Foote are the hall of fame coaches who coach defence for this team… the players aren’t getting the job done simple as that…

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Okay, okay, okay,  we get it .... you dislike Tocchet 

Every second post these last 4 pages is you blaming our coach.  Enough already. One post would be sufficient to identify those that agree with you.  30 negative posts on 3 pages isn't  going to convice we other 3000 online to agree with you. 

It's pretty much just this one guy. He's got it on for Tocchet. 

Pretty pathetic. 

Someone like that is in serious need of attention. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canucks-12 said:

Vegas got a lot of bounces to go their way tonight despite outshooting the Canucks. 3 of 4 goals were basically lucky bounces right to their stick. Canucks weren’t as bad as they looked. 

They sounded like they were pretty bad. 

55 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Canucks really need to be a bit more flexible and less predictable in their play patterns whether it is PP, PK or defensive structure.as teams are scouted relentlessly.

What happened to the constant movement that was talked about earlier in the season? 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

Vegas got a lot of bounces to go their way tonight despite outshooting the Canucks. 3 of 4 goals were basically lucky bounces right to their stick. Canucks weren’t as bad as they looked. 

Kind of agree. three goals were garbage but canucks didnt do much either. Meyers penalty was weak but he also played it wrong. Canucks have to make their own garbage goals on some night. They didnt do it. Vegas had them on lock down mostly.

10 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

This was the result though.  It wasn't close, they were dominated in every area.  But the Canucks aren't a finished product like the Knights are.  

Screenshot_20231201-000617.png

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I'm not saying burn it down I'm saying fire Tocchet and get and experienced coach

It's not what the team needs to do. Firing Tocchet is an overreaction to a loss tonight. 

I get it. I'm not happy either because they lost to Vegas of all teams (I really don't like them). 

But Tocchet is the least of this team's issues and problems. Every team goes through swings of highs and lows. We're in one right now with some huge losses to the middle of the line up (Suter), to the backend (Soucy), and Petey looks injured (hand/wrist), and I heard Ian Cole got hurt. Those guys matter to a team where depth isn't the best. Zadorov coming in will help, but he's no saviour. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

This was the result though.  It wasn't close, they were dominated in every area.  But the Canucks aren't a finished product like the Knights are.  

Screenshot_20231201-000617.png

Thanks for the screenshot. Man, that looks brutal. 

Guess that's what a championship team looks like. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Pettersson and Miller should be on a line together. 

I agree. I think it's time to give Petey the same treatment Miller got at the beginning of last year. Miller was a mess to start the season so got glued to Horvat (who had a hot start) to get him going again which eventually worked. I don't know why Pettersson suddenly is ineffective, but it's clear Mikheyev and Kuzmenko are not going to get him going.

Now, clearly playing Petey with Miller and Boeser hurts our depth but I think it's worth it in the long run if it gets him going. It would be really nice if Suter were healthy so we had another center option to do something like this.

14 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I agree. I think it's time to give Petey the same treatment Miller got at the beginning of last year. Miller was a mess to start the season so got glued to Horvat (who had a hot start) to get him going again which eventually worked. I don't know why Pettersson suddenly is ineffective, but it's clear Mikheyev and Kuzmenko are not going to get him going.

Now, clearly playing Petey with Miller and Boeser hurts our depth but I think it's worth it in the long run if it gets him going. It would be really nice if Suter were healthy so we had another center option to do something like this.

Maybe run Lafferty, Blueger and Joshua as the centres behind until Suter gets back. 

16 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

The Pettersson Miller Boeser line was pretty bad... Im not sure it will work now. 

2 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Vegas boxed them out maintained constant man to man pressure and never let the foot off the pedal all Things a Tocchet system doesn't do. Worse of all there was no responds no goalie change no time out. Nothing because Tocchet is inexperience.

Yeah saw there pk constant pressure or even in the d zone, can't stand still

7 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

The Pettersson Miller Boeser line was pretty bad... Im not sure it will work now. 

It wouldn't be linking them up as a permanent fixture, but to get Pettersson going again. Pettersson is off for whatever reason and Miller and Boeser are our next two best offensive forwards. It's not working with Mikheyev and Kuzmenko right now so who else would you suggest Pettersson play with to try and get him going? This team needs Pettersson to be on to be successful, otherwise we will likely continue to operate around the .500 mark.

Edited by Diamonds

Been feeling pretty negative about the game tonight but the thing thats always given me confidence this year is Tocchet. 

He knows what it takes to have a championship team, and he does a great job balancing legit criticism of what we've done wrong while also not burying the guys in pointing it out. I think it goes a long way. And then he can also be a hardass when its needed. 

I just want to see a response from this team, its been a bit of a skid, a statement game would be nice.

I'm sure Zads will have alot of $$$ on the board Saturday night, would be nice to get a big win to get our confidence back.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2