2023 Young Stars Classic Thread

Jess

7 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Ouch... The only thing they share is cultural background.  Tell me if I'm wrong, but I recall Prad being one of the first of full Indian heritage to make it pros.  Other than that, there is no comparing their skill level.  Bains is lightyears ahead.

Going back a few years.. We had this guy too 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.BRR said:

Hey, just tuning into the game. How was Bains goal? How we looking? Any stand outs- both positive and negatively.

Bains goal was a garbage goal with Bains getting his own rebound in front of the net.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Raty wasn't particularly inspiring when I saw him in Abby, but maybe he's had a strong off-season. Looks better in these games, though of course competition is a bit easier than AHL hockey.

I think last year was tough for him. They mentioned in an article recently that he played something like 76 games last year for 5 different teams lol...basically playing in europe, then played for bridgeport, then called up to NYI, then traded, played for Abby, then played for Van at the end. Put a lot of miles on. Hopefully with a more stable situation he will really start to shine. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

This game is a great example of why to be cautious when evaluating 20-year old junior players. Crazy how much better the guys who are 21-24 look than the 18- and 19-year olds. Age alone makes a huge difference at those younger years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just hearing the phrase “McDonough with a burst of speed” in game play-by-play is credit to the work he’s put in to improve his skating. Great to see McDonough having the wheels to be used as a puck carrying option on entries and leading the rush.

• Upvote 2