2023 Young Stars Classic Thread

Jess

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bruscnevic is really really good. For sure top four NHL D with us in 2-3 years. Maybe sooner. Best player on the ice agsin. 

It looks like we definitely scored in on that pick. He thankfully dropped in the draft and he's only 18. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Huggy Bear said:

He is great with the puck, but has made a few defensive gaffes this game. Still looks like a steal for round 3…

On the positive side, I’ve noticed that, while he does make some mistakes, he definitely doesn’t quit, sticks with the play, and keeps working. I’ve noticed him recover well in a couple situations where he started out with a defensive miscue but then successfully bailed himself out with a very good second effort.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, SISMIM said:

On the positive side, I’ve noticed that, while he does make some mistakes, he definitely doesn’t quit, sticks with the play, and keeps working. I’ve noticed him recover well in a couple situations where he started out with a defensive miscue but then successfully bailed himself out with a very good second effort.

Agreed… noticed that on the last play also

The two games have been fun to watch cause we're dominating in all aspects of the game. I can't recall the last time I enjoyed watching the young star tournament. Too bad we're only playing 3 other teams. 

Lots to like about the youngsters so far. But one thing that stood out for me is the importance of having capable puck moving d's and why we need to continue drafting/signing d prospects. Hirose looks so good out there. The break out passes and the through shots as the pp QB. 

• Like 3

Just now, Wing said:

The two games have been fun to watch cause we're dominating in all aspects of the game. I can't recall the last time I enjoyed watching the young star tournament. Too bad we're only playing 3 other teams. 

Lots to like about the youngsters so far. But one thing that stood out for me is the importance of having capable puck moving d's and why we need to continue drafting/signing d prospects. Hirose looks so good out there. The break out passes and the through shots as the pp QB. 

Yeah, our D are playing a big role in our dominance. Several of these guys look close to NHL ready as depth players at least

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

Kudryavtsev has shown some beauty passes this game

I've been impressed with his offensive rushes. It might get him into trouble from time to time against better competition but great potential. Can't wait to see how he does in Jr this season.    

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Huggy Bear 1