2023 Young Stars Classic Thread

Jess

Just now, kilgore said:

Jets decided to step it up in the third.

Canucks thought they could coast through.

Worst period for them of the tournament so far.

This is what Tocchett is tasked with the big club.

Too often the Canucks get too complacent and think they can coast on skill. Not enough skill on either of these teams to think they can coast. As soon as they stopped playing the right way it was game over.

Learning lesson for these young players. You wanna play for the big club you can’t take periods off. That will need to be eliminated if these team wants to go anywhere.

• Upvote 1

Not the ideal outcome, but I am just glad to watch my first bit of hockey for the year. Alriksson looked pretty noticeable through 2. But unfortunately nobody really showed up in the 3rd. Winnipeg started bullying the team, ran Raty a few times. Needed more from the team but they kinda turtled. Oh well. Lets just hope the big boys don't do much of that. Final game tomorrow, should be a good one. Last chance for some of these kids to make an impression.

• Like 1

Just now, Zodiak said:

Mikheyev pettersson kuzmenko

Mcdonough miller boeser

Podkolzin Raty Pearson

josua Aman  Di Giuseppe 

thinking of getting size in lineup

Xtra suter garland beaulivier  hoglander 

Uhhhm so is that the lineup when injuries hit or? Cause if it’s starting lineup you’re dreaming 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

Love to see him make the team this season, but it will be tough

People have said "he looks faster this season" and that MIGHT be true, but last season he was playing a handful of games against NHL Players and then in Abby. The truth is he looked slower because he was playing against pro's. He's playing against draft picks and amateurs in this tournament, so he should look faster than last season (IMO).

I'm a huge McDonough fan but let's see how he looks at main camp against pro's before we gift him a spot on the big club. I think he should develop for another season and become a dominant force in the AHL. We have too many wingers on the big club as it is.  

• Cheers 2