2023 Young Stars Classic Thread

Jess

Just now, Hogs and Podz said:

Very burrow like.  I don't think he'll take no for an answer... When he gets his oportunity with the big club.  He'll make it count... He'll just add to the leadership group... Just like burrows did.

Actually dang...you may be onto something there. Never thought about his game that way. He has a great understanding for the game just like Burr.

• Cheers 1

I’m not sure whether it’s our roster simply being stronger or that our team is better prepared and coached than the others in this tournament, but it’s been pretty fun to watch these kids dominate the ice for long stretches of these last 4 periods of hockey.

Either way, it’s a positive and I’m enjoying the show.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hope it translates to the big club, and we have a very strong start. Getting a lot of good habits.

Much easier to get shots on net when you have possession of the puck. Would be interesting to see each team's zone and possession time. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 1

Just now, Attila Umbrus said:

Actually dang...you may be onto something there. Never thought about his game that way. He has a great understanding for the game just like Burr.

The grit, the understanding that he will be anything the team needs from him.  Very smart... Adapts and has the elite internal drive.... It's starting to look like we got a keeper in Baines.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, SISMIM said:

I’m not sure whether it’s our roster simply being stronger or that our team is better prepared and coached than the others in this tournament, but it’s been pretty fun to watch these kids dominate the ice for long stretches of these last 4 periods of hockey.

Either way, it’s a positive and I’m enjoying the show.

I think we're seeing what good coaching finally looks like in the AHL. I really really like Jeremy Colliton. He just has a way to get the best out of any team he is handed. I do not want to see him walk from this organization.

Both Travis Green and Trent Cull were very similar coaching wise, the concepts barely changed all those years in Utica. I thought they did good with what they were given but they both had a hard time getting the young kids to buy in and get more ice time...i'm not sure what the problem was there. But then a coach like Colliton comes in and gets these kids up to speed quick and they all are playing some amazing hockey for how young they are. It's a big difference!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1