[Article] Canucks: Team shuts down popular website fan forums, fans lament the loss

RWJC

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I checked out HockeyBuzz once and took a peek at their comments section. I’ve seen more interesting perspectives on the walls of a public toilet. 

I kept leaving my number in the stall and yet you never called me. 

• Haha 4

Just now, Thrago said:

500 people that actively post each month might be true, but that doesn't take into account people like me which I think has to be the large majority of people that come to the site.  I've been reading this site for close to 20 years multiple times a day yet I only had like 1400 posts.

The lurkers were always the largest numbers.  From those in the actual hockey threads to the prospect threads and game day stuff to those who actively looked in to the news threads etc etc etc

500 active users was more accurately 1700+ non active users on top of it

• Cheers 1

Question , why do some people have the total number of posts showing in the thousands ( CDC carry over?) 

while others just have single digits from posting on the new forum ? 

thanks , just curious since I had over 37,000 on CDC and now have 1 lol

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, NucksFan said:

Question , why do some people have the total number of posts showing in the thousands ( CDC carry over?) 

Post screen capture of your CDC profile page and someone will update. 🙂

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NucksFan said:

I think -SN- / Ribs is probably a little busy right now with the site transition and expansion.  Probably best to give some time and then check in a bit later.

I enquired about the same type of thing myself. Wondered why some folks already have a complete status transfer (post count/rep) while others who were also regulars are starting from scratch despite posting their previous account in the thread here. He hasnt replied yet so safe to assume he’s got a lot on his plate at the moment. Like others said send a screen cap in the near future when the transition is a bit less hectic and things will likely be ironed out. 

Edited by RWJC

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

The lurkers were always the largest numbers.  From those in the actual hockey threads to the prospect threads and game day stuff to those who actively looked in to the news threads etc etc etc

500 active users was more accurately 1700+ non active users on top of it

We definitely need a lurker emoji!

Honor the lurk!!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NucksFan said:

Go to this thread and post your profile and show him the post/ rep. And rank you had AD110791-EC2A-450F-862E-E785A5D5198E.thumb.jpeg.2c6f7b976683219d85d2cfd3dde51b44.jpeg

• Cheers 1