[Article] Canucks: Team shuts down popular website fan forums, fans lament the loss

RWJC

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

Please do. Could be a good revenue generator and yourself and the mods can receive some overdue just rewards for all your efforts past and present.

keep in mind vanbase is owned by the canucks. not sure if there's a conflict of some kind there. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

didn't realize that. Well, we have some pretty creative folks on here like @Toni Zamboni. I bet we could raise some dough by making a custom t-shirt or hoodie to support this place. I'd buy one or two. 

as long as you don't use any canucks logos, images or branding, since that would be counterfeiting. 

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

(I literally have no clue where they could derive racism from our discussions.)

In retrospect, and partly from a response someone made in the other thread (with the poll), I wonder if the "racist" thing that corporate was complaining about is in relation to all the (well-deserved, in my humble opinion) shit that we throw at Gory Buttman and his gaggle of clowns?  🤡

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Gory Buttman

I personally think the embarrassingly juvenile, 2nd grade insults like this and derrick pooalot and whatever are more than enough justification to shut the forum down, just out of shame. 

10 minutes ago, tas said:

I personally think the embarrassingly juvenile, 2nd grade insults like this and derrick pooalot and whatever are more than enough justification to shut the forum down, just out of shame. 

Respect is something that is earned, not demanded.  He hasn't earned fuck all from me, and I believe a good portion of the Canucks fanbase (and other fanbases) would agree that if he wasn't such a weasel, maybe people would respect him more instead of booing him every time that wanker took the podium.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Respect is something that is earned, not demanded.  He hasn't earned fuck all from me, and I believe a good portion of the Canucks fanbase (and other fanbases) would agree that if he wasn't such a weasel, maybe people would respect him more instead of booing him every time that wanker took the podium.

I don't care if you respect him (though I do disagree with the typical Canadian stance on Bettman), those elementary school insults are just cringeworthy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bob Long said:

wait, what? who the hell said that?

When I spoke with Chief Revenue Officer on Monday afternoon, one of the things he said was that the marketing group as a whole had gotten pushback from ownership and advertisers saying that they felt there were some racist comments that were originating in the board.

Personally, I don't ever remember seeing one, and as I told him, the moderators on the board do an excellent job of controlling temper flares etc, but the occasional inappropriate comments are bound to happen in any public forum, but that I've never seen any and anything outside of specific code of conduct is NOT tolerated. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

@Ribs has there been any discussion of linking things like Vanbase or other merch providers to this site? I'd purchase new stuff via a link like that to support this site. 

I agree with this completely! We should all get together when there's enough of it out there for a photo in front of the arena with a sign that says, RIP Forum.Canucks.com LONG Live ForumCanucks.com and then send it to EVERY media outlet!

Yes, that would be a bit of a backhanded slap to them, but they have earned it and the media in this town would literally eat it up. It would fuel membership here as well as revenue flow to @Ribs as well as the other moderators.

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Cheers 2

The team's decision to shut down cdc, is disappointing on many levels, but also shows there poor understanding of marketing. 98% of the times I went to Canucks website were to get to cdc.  While I wasn't there to see their releases and their propoganda, I would see it while I was there and often read it.  I will almost never go to their site anymore.  I would suspect the same is true for most of us.  This will greatly reduce the visits and eyeballs on their site. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

I agree with this completely! We should all get together when there's enough of it out there for a photo in front of the arena with a sign that says, RIP Forum.Canucks.com LONG Live ForumCanucks.com and then send it to EVERY media outlet!

Yes, that would be a bit of a backhanded slap to them, but they have earned it and the media in this town would literally eat it up. It would fuel membership here as well as revenue flow to @Ribs as well as the other moderators.

I'd like to open it up to the graphic designers on here, maybe let some folks put forward some ideas that we can pick for a t-shirt purchase e.g. 

But yeah, I like the idea of a revenge tee 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'd like to open it up to the graphic designers on here, maybe let some folks put forward some ideas that we can pick for a t-shirt purchase e.g. 

Need to come up with an official name first. I made a post about it in the Support and Feedback section:

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Step right up, folks and get your autographed Alf’s empties!

• Haha 4

I actually really like FCDC. I think it’s fitting and still is representative of this new forum.

As for site merch, maybe we just have a section or link to member-designed T-shirts (like Threadless) to help raise funds for expenses? Pretty easy to design a tshirt with all the available tools online now. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Not completely happy with this, but the QR code is live, would take someone directly to the page.

Hockey Forum Done Right.png

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1