[Article] Canucks: Team shuts down popular website fan forums, fans lament the loss

RWJC

5 hours ago, RWJC said:

Had a quick few minutes tonight to monkey around and create a potential logo for CFF (if nothing already in the works).

It's rough, kinda basic/boring but thought I'd put it forward as a rough template.

Could at least adjust it and turn it into an icon if we end up creating an app for the site.

Thoughts?

@Ribs @Roger Neilsons Towel @-AJ- @diesel_3 @-dlc- @Vintage Canuck

ScreenShot2023-09-20at10_41_33PM.thumb.png.c3f25494c4736aeb2944141c8dea9161.png

That looks awesome!

I'm noticing a big gulf between the have's and the have nots. Basically anyone with real money starts acting like Elon Musk. Killing CDC is pretty much like Musk being stupid and saying he'd buy Twitter for $44 Billion. The lawyers and the board heard that. And do not I blame them for taking the money. Then Musk gets a hold of Twitter. Within a year destroys the brand, starts telling people he's going to charge them to use it. So he's basically written off his $44 billion. Which I have a nasty suspicion he's going to parlay that into operating losses, and just reap some huge tax refund.

Killing CDC was Aqua's brand X. Making them and Musk the Kings of Twits.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 3

25 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm noticing a big gulf between the have's and the have nots. Basically anyone with real money starts acting like Elon Musk. Killing CDC is pretty much like Musk being stupid and saying he'd buy Twitter for $44 Billion. The lawyers and the board heard that. And do not I blame them for taking the money. Then Musk gets a hold of Twitter. Within a year destroys the brand, starts telling people he's going to charge them to use it. So he's basically written off his $44 billion. Which I have a nasty suspicion he's going to parlay that into operating losses, and just reap some huge tax refund.

Killing CDC was Aqua's brand X. Making them and Musk the Kings of Twits.

killing twitter is likely elon's greatest achievement. 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, Odjickwillkillyou said:

Why the hell am I not on one of these CDC fantasy hockey pools? They must be afraid of me whoopin that azz 😋

Hide contents
  Hide contents

I always miss the sign up for those as well would love to get in on one

• Like 1

It's pretty funny how clueless this makes the Canucks org look. You can't shut down discussion on the innernet. We'll just move right next to where we were before and keep discussing in the same exact way, and now they look like butthurt, out of touch idiots. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, awalk said:

It's pretty funny how clueless this makes the Canucks org look. You can't shut down discussion on the innernet. We'll just move right next to where we were before and keep discussing in the same exact way, and now they look like butthurt, out of touch idiots. 

Not only that, but now they lost what little control they had of the content/narrative.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I didn’t say it was worth bragging about. I said it was his greatest accomplishment!

i dunno, taking down twitter is a truly commendable achievement. if he could buy up meta next and take out that suite of trash too, that would be ideal. 

maybe he could get zuckerberg to put his company on the line in their cage match. 

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, RWJC said:

Had a quick few minutes tonight to monkey around and create a potential logo for CFF (if nothing already in the works).

It's rough, kinda basic/boring but thought I'd put it forward as a rough template.

Could at least adjust it and turn it into an icon if we end up creating an app for the site.

Thoughts?

Looks good buddy! Appreciate your time. 

15 hours ago, RWJC said:

Thoughts?

Great job! Love it! Well done!

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, RWJC said:

Thoughts?

Legend. Well done!

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, RWJC said:

Thoughts?

Do you happen to have a PSD or clear png? I might make this the page icon and have a monocolor one for the header.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Ribs said:

Do you happen to have a PSD or clear png? I might make this the page icon and have a monocolor one for the header.

I’ll see what I can provide when I get in. TBH, I just made the ugly thing in Mac Pages, haha. Thanks!

Not sure if this is possible, but in terms of operational revenue I was wondering if admins could commission Gassy Jack to allow for a few of his hockey cards to be printed on T-shirts for sale (or by donation) on site or through 3rd party?

It’d be using a player’s likeness. Unsure of legal liability if using it to promote or for profit. 

@aGENT any idea?

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Not sure if this is possible, but in terms of operational revenue I was wondering if admins could commission Gassy Jack to allow for a few of his hockey cards to be printed on T-shirts for sale (or by donation) on site or through 3rd party?

It’d be using a player’s likeness. Unsure of legal liability if using it to promote or for profit. 

@aGENT any idea?

If someone understands the backstory of this whole thing and how we got here, they may be willing to sign a limited usage release for fundraising purposes....