[Article] Canucks: Team shuts down popular website fan forums, fans lament the loss

RWJC

34 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Oh god I effing hated those lol.

I was raised in a red neck northern bc town and there were a bunch of guys around town that started throwing those in their hitches…definitely a certain type of character thinks those are cool.

I’m cool with camo and lots of other red neck things…but that’s just out right trashy lol

Thanks for the trip down memory lane lol

Apologies for the upcoming counselling appointment 

• Cheers 1

On 9/24/2023 at 11:04 AM, DeNiro said:

My question is if the organization did an about face and decided to keep CDC running how many people would go back?

No. Frankly, I'm surprised I joined this one. Pretty much thrown in the towel on this team although I did give them $11K for tickets again. Poorly run organization, top to bottom. It's a mess.

Needs to be a vast improvement this year or I'm moving on, I skipped the last quarter of the season last year and chose to read while Canucks games were on. It was time well spent.

3 hours ago, TheCammer said:

No. Frankly, I'm surprised I joined this one. Pretty much thrown in the towel on this team although I did give them $11K for tickets again. Poorly run organization, top to bottom. It's a mess.

Needs to be a vast improvement this year or I'm moving on, I skipped the last quarter of the season last year and chose to read while Canucks games were on. It was time well spent.

i only went to like 20% of the 41 home games in recent years.. end up selling most the tickets at cost to friends that were interested in the game and gave some of the big teams to my clients.. the atmosphere at the arena sucks whether we are winning or losing i have a better time watching the game at a pub with friends over beer and wings or at home.. ticket price is high but the quality on and off the ice doesn't justify the price.. at least not the experience.. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 9/26/2023 at 12:01 PM, Attila Umbrus said:

Oh god I effing hated those lol.

I was raised in a red neck northern bc town and there were a bunch of guys around town that started throwing those in their hitches…definitely a certain type of character thinks those are cool.

I’m cool with camo and lots of other red neck things…but that’s just out right trashy lol

Thanks for the trip down memory lane lol

These are popular in the south too.. ugh, I’ve see so many big arse trucks with those stupid balls dangling here in Vegas. It definitely show them they’re trying to hide the facts they have small balls.. lol 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Hey since this forum is unofficial, can we finally just post streaming websites for games like tonight? Who cares if the site is unaffiliated with the team now anyways?

Right??? 

I don't see why not so long as they're not sketch 

Let's be real, a lot of us probably don't pay to watch, I sure don't 

22 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Hey since this forum is unofficial, can we finally just post streaming websites for games like tonight? Who cares if the site is unaffiliated with the team now anyways?

Right??? 

Don't have to worry about the Canucks breathing down our necks, but we could still get a cease and desist at some point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Tomorrow is CDC's last day, feels bad because I know a lot of folks who don't pop in regularly will eventually go looking for it and be unable to find it. I'm not sad CDC is going under, I'm disappointed that so much history is being lost in the form of threads, users, and posts. 

Especially for those people don’t come back to the forum until the regular season starts. They should’ve close it in November, instead of October… 

Edited by Crimson JH
  • Huggy Bear 1

37 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

Especially for those people don’t come back to the forum until the regular season starts. They should’ve close it in November, instead of October… 

Absolutely, tone deaf move to shutter a hockey community right as the season starts 

They should have announced it last spring or leading up to next summer

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I noticed quite a few here show they've had thousands of posts. Were those transferred over from CDC? Not sure I will, but how do you do that? 

Take a screen shot of your posting history at the old site and post it here

Ribs will transfer the numbers, when he gets a bit of spare time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2