[Article] Canucks: Team shuts down popular website fan forums, fans lament the loss

RWJC

4 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

I noticed quite a few here show they've had thousands of posts. Were those transferred over from CDC? Not sure I will, but how do you do that? 

4 hours ago, Gurn said:

Take a screen shot of your posting history at the old site and post it here

Ribs will transfer the numbers, when he gets a bit of spare time.

@Nucker67 If you haven't screen shot your old profile on the old site, you might want to do it soon.  Supposedly the site is going dark after today.

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just an update that I am still exchanging emails with Canucks President of Business Operations. Whether we are here or directly on the Canucks site doesn't really matter at this point, we can grow effectively here, but will be helpful if we can have a relationship with Canucks Organization. 

Last exchange was that they have BoG meeting in NY coming up this week, we're going to try and connect further later in the week.

Will keep everyone informed as I hear more, but I've sent an outline of what I'd like to try and establish for the group....

More updates as they happen.

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Just an update that I am still exchanging emails with Canucks President of Business Operations. Whether we are here or directly on the Canucks site doesn't really matter at this point, we can grow effectively here, but will be helpful if we can have a relationship with Canucks Organization. 

Last exchange was that they have BoG meeting in NY coming up this week, we're going to try and connect further later in the week.

Will keep everyone informed as I hear more, but I've sent an outline of what I'd like to try and establish for the group....

Tell them to suck it for us, would ya?

And to hire a better DJ!

Thanks.

/s

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think it's probably safe to say that for me (because I don't know how anyone else feels, I'm not omniscient), I'm probably towards the end of the grieving process, and they're pretty much fucking dead to me already.  The only thing I hope they have the good sense to do is to give the green light for us to have fair use of their trademarked items (ie. not to use their trademarks for commercial purposes, and at least don't come after us for every small non-commercial infringement of their trademarks).  Outside of that, fuck them.

Pardonnez mon français.

• Cheers 2

Just now, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I think it's probably safe to say that for me (because I don't know how anyone else feels, I'm not omniscient), I'm probably towards the end of the grieving process, and they're pretty much fucking dead to me already.  The only thing I hope they have the good sense to do is to give the green light for us to have fair use of their trademarked items (ie. not to use their trademarks for commercial purposes, and at least don't come after us for every small non-commercial infringement of their trademarks).  Outside of that, fuck them.

Pardonnez mon français.

My last email with them a couple of days ago, I told them directly, they have over 1000 rabid, hardcore fans, the people who have backed the team through this rebuild, feel like they were slapped in the face by the team. What you said above, I have heard from most fans and even from most of the Admin team.

I am getting that message through, I believe that's a big part of why I'm getting response and that there is an openness to talk.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

My last email with them a couple of days ago, I told them directly, they have over 1000 rabid, hardcore fans, the people who have backed the team through this rebuild, feel like they were slapped in the face by the team. What you said above, I have heard from most fans and even from most of the Admin team.

I am getting that message through, I believe that's a big part of why I'm getting response and that there is an openness to talk.

As I mentioned in the "forum closure" discussion thread on the old site, I think the only silver lining of this whole clusterfuck is that they gave us time to mourn, to collect ourselves (and migrate), and to find closure.  The time for any sort of ameliorating or smoothing out of ruffled feathers has long since passed, and nothing they can do now will ever make up for this kind of betrayal.  Time may dampen it, but I think it's fair to say that a lot of us will never forget, even if some may eventually forgive.

They can stay in their lane, we'll stay in ours, and all I ask is they don't fuck around with us, or they may very well find out what a rabid fanbase is capable of, revenues wise.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Curious, why is that? Didn't want the last day to be on Truth and reconciliation day? Too much potential irony.

They are using the “rolling the ball down the road” strategy, giving themselves more time “to discuss” internally.

Edited by RomanPer

1 minute ago, RomanPer said:

They are using the “rolling the ball down the road” strategy, giving themselves more time “to discuss” internally.

More time to discuss our apparent racism and "toxic hating?" Lol. Or maybe they are actually realizing how dumb the decision to shut it down was.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

More time to discuss our apparent racism and "toxic hating?" Lol. Or maybe they are actually realizing how dumb the decision to shut it down was.

Probably the latter. My thought is that there might be people within the organization who realize the stupidity of the decision, don’t have enough power to change it but might have enough sway to delay with hopes to have additional discussions.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Probably the latter. My thought is that there might be people within the organization who realize the stupidity of the decision, don’t have enough power to change it but might have enough sway to delay with hopes to have additional discussions.

Too late at this point though - any goodwill they may have had was fully squandered with the decision and announcement.  It's one thing for them to discuss and discuss without executing, but once they started on the trail of execution, all trust with the membership evaporated.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Another plausible reason could be that someone asked for additional time for members to transition, unlikely as it may sound from a logic perspective.

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I appreciate the effort. But, it became time to move on when they said they were shutting it down. This is a better place. It's time to let the old site go.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I appreciate the effort. But, it became time to move on when they said they were shutting it down. This is a better place. It's time to let the old site go.

I think the other site going down is a forgone conclusion at this point. 

What I'm trying to establish, won't matter if we're here or back there. 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think the other site going down is a forgone conclusion at this point. 

What I'm trying to establish, won't matter if we're here or back there. 

My last post there, and it was on my way out the door, was fuck this place. So again, I appreciate the effort, and if hell freezes over and a monkey types Hamlet, and they keep it going. I don't think I'll go back.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2