[Article] Canucks: Team shuts down popular website fan forums, fans lament the loss

RWJC

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Assuming the long weekend and the troglodyte in charge isn’t there to shut things down? 

Blah blah blah, don't waste my damn time CDC. I'm trying to lay that thing to rest.................. my god I REALLY  have some issues don't I?

• ThereItIs 1

Years ago, I had an account on CDC but ended up not posting much and stopped logging in. There was always enough opinions and content I felt my input wasn't needed. I can't even recall what my username was.

Either way, I would still visit the forum many times each week and I think it was the last way I would feel connected to the team. With the management choices over many years now and this final connection severed, at the moment in time I can't help but feel the Canucks aren't "my team" anymore. It's not a great feeling.

I'm glad this forum is up as the CDC community has always been awesome at providing the best and most up-to-date news and info. So, thanks for that! I'll keep visiting, in a teamless limbo, and maybe post a bunch so I don't get attacked for adding a comment from an account with only a few posts. 😝

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Draeag said:

Years ago, I had an account on CDC but ended up not posting much and stopped logging in. There was always enough opinions and content I felt my input wasn't needed. I can't even recall what my username was.

Either way, I would still visit the forum many times each week and I think it was the last way I would feel connected to the team. With the management choices over many years now and this final connection severed, at the moment in time I can't help but feel the Canucks aren't "my team" anymore. It's not a great feeling.

I'm glad this forum is up as the CDC community has always been awesome at providing the best and most up-to-date news and info. So, thanks for that! I'll keep visiting, in a teamless limbo, and maybe post a bunch so I don't get attacked for adding a comment from an account with only a few posts. 😝

I wouldn't worry about post counts. Mine are always low,and I haven't had anybody bug me. I do read a lot,this place is a great source for important information.Plus you always get a lot of different opinions once said information is posted.We have to get the member count high to prove we don't need Canucks brass we have awesome people running this site.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, gwarrior said:

Will someone just pull the plug and get it over with.

I dunno why you're so worked up over it. I haven't been back there since this place launched. Whether CDC shuts down today, tomorrow or a week from now is irrelevant. As long as this place is kickin', I am chillin'.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I dunno why you're so worked up over it. I haven't been back there since this place launched. Whether CDC shuts down today, tomorrow or a week from now is irrelevant. As long as this place is kickin', I am chillin'.

Hmm. Your right. I haven't been back to the old site since I shifted here. Maybe it's the follow through, or lack there of, that kinda pisses me off.