[Article] Canucks: Team shuts down popular website fan forums, fans lament the loss

RWJC

16 minutes ago, DANJR said:

It's kinda fun over there at the moment, helping very old accounts win poster of the day awards.  6of1_halfadozenoftheother starteed it.  I think it's hilarious.

I won't take the credit - @Roberts was the one who came up with the initiative.  I was just being a whiny little female dog.  🫣

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Is it just me or is it getting g really hot in here 

extra spicy 

Sweating Heat Wave GIF

ohhhhh there you go again you…always ”mixin a little of that ah ah, with a little of that ah ah”. what did you expect?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gwarrior said:

Wasn't one of the main character named Dave in red dwarf? And what's his name kept saying "they're all dead, Dave".

Holly yes, Dave was in suspended animation (or Suspended in Time) and awoke 3 million years later and Holly the computer told him. EVERYBODY IS DEAD DAVE!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Holly yes, Dave was in suspended animation (or Suspended in Time) and awoke 3 million years later and Holly the computer told him. EVERYBODY IS DEAD DAVE!

Haven't watched any red dwarf since, gotta be 2018. But yeah, "they're all dead Dave".

• Like 1

So there's a discussion starting in the Abby post game thread but I thought I'd answer in here.

Apparently the link now works again from Canucks.com, although it only works in Safari for me, not Firefox. On a Mac

Do we go back?

If we go back they should apologize but also offer some kind of lottery draw for tickets or something, open to all former members who had 1000+ posts before the shut down. or some number.

We should have a set of demands.

-Off topic pages can include politics and religion, so we don't have to start private clubs to talk about those issues

-Some swearing allowed....to a degree.  Once in awhile a well placed FUCK you Myers! is warranted.

-How about some engagement from head office where they show appreciation that we are promoting their business? Negative or positive, it increases their branding. Have fun contests regularly (guess the winning goal scorer..off the top of my head) for small merch or even tix on occasion.

-and the new set of emojis!  🥸🕺🐋💔🖕

i thought  I'd already burned my bridges with them. I recently began a thread addressed to the ones who shut it down with this

I was  hoping to get a ceremonial ban for it. But they just cancelled it. 🤨

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

So there's a discussion starting in the Abby post game thread but I thought I'd answer in here.

Apparently the link now works again from Canucks.com, although it only works in Safari for me, not Firefox. On a Mac

Do we go back?

If we go back they should apologize but also offer some kind of lottery draw for tickets or something, open to all former members who had 1000+ posts before the shut down. or some number.

We should have a set of demands.

-Off topic pages can include politics and religion, so we don't have to start private clubs to talk about those issues

-Some swearing allowed....to a degree.  Once in awhile a well placed FUCK you Myers! is warranted.

-How about some engagement from head office where they show appreciation that we are promoting their business? Negative or positive, it increases their branding. Have fun contests regularly (guess the winning goal scorer..off the top of my head) for small merch or even tix on occasion.

-and the new set of emojis!  🥸🕺🐋💔🖕

i thought  I'd already burned my bridges with them. I recently began a thread addressed to the ones who shut it down with this

I was  hoping to get a ceremonial ban for it. But they just cancelled it. 🤨

That’s some straight up BS if they try to just quietly keep it running without ever explaining and apologizing.  Obviously they WERE (possibly still are) planning to shut down the site.  It would be a pretty cowardly way to avoid the (deserved) backlash that they’ve been receiving.

• Cheers 1

*Message boards* is now included under the fans tab on the main site.

Maybe they put boards in plural because they just kinda want to include the new board also ? At this point they should just have a link to this board and call it an unaffiliated fan board.

6 hours ago, Blue said:

*Message boards* is now included under the fans tab on the main site.

Maybe they put boards in plural because they just kinda want to include the new board also ? At this point they should just have a link to this board and call it an unaffiliated fan board.

vintage had them add that weeks ago when all the speculation started. people thought it was case closed, just an oversight.