[Article] Canucks: Team shuts down popular website fan forums, fans lament the loss

RWJC

12 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I know some (don't know specifics) vindictive banned users would regularly send complaints in to the Canucks brass. When our guy Kevin (mentioned in this article) was still with the Canucks, he was good at getting them to just let us mods deal with angry users and was a strong supporter of the community and traffic it drove to the Canucks site. Once Kevin left, it was really a matter of time.

wow, imagine being that upset over being banned, smh. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I know some (don't know specifics) vindictive banned users would regularly send complaints in to the Canucks brass. When our guy Kevin (mentioned in this article) was still with the Canucks, he was good at getting them to just let us mods deal with angry users and was a strong supporter of the community and traffic it drove to the Canucks site. Once Kevin left, it was really a matter of time.

I've know Kevin since we were kids, he's a good guy and definitley watched out for this site.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Talk to Stealth/Ribs.

Sponsorship with SportsAction would be ok by me.

I don't even care if Stealth makes a modest income from the site.

16 hours ago, Canuck-Oni said:

But do we need the decision reversed?

We have this awesome new sight that's kicking off, free from their tyranny.

Yes, Thanks to @Ribs (Stealth) for putting up this new site.  It looks great.  I have been wondering about the economics. Obviously it takes some resources to run a site even if some people (like Ribs) are willing to volunteer their time.

It is nice that the site is not over-run with ads, but I agree with (the) @Ghostsof1915 that some sort of sponsorship might make sense.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Yes, Thanks to @Ribs (Stealth) for putting up this new site.  It looks great.  I have been wondering about the economics. Obviously it takes some resources to run a site even if some people (like Ribs) are willing to volunteer their time.

It is nice that the site is not over-run with ads, but I agree with (the) @Ghostsof1915 that some sort of sponsorship might make sense.

I would kick in a couple dollars a month donation like I do with my favorite podcast. Wonder if that would be an easy thing for 'ribs' to set up?

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, JamesB said:

There's no The, there's no Ghost.

Damn Media. 💀

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • ThereItIs 1

57 minutes ago, Ribs said:

The forum has a commerce option, so I might try to get that going - probably at the start of October. Sponshorships would also be fantastic.

You could also consider OnlyFans. Jk

Whenever you’re set up, just provide a breakdown of operational costs and what you require monthly to keep everything afloat and a bonus for yourselves and mods, and I’ll provide an ongoing contribution towards it. 
Cheers!

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1