[Article] Canucks: Team shuts down popular website fan forums, fans lament the loss

RWJC

Whew....I made it. Glad to be here now and in the future. Glad to start fresh.

I see from my minimal browsing thus far that there's some familiarity with some threads brought over from the soon to be, obsolete message board. I get it. Change is hard to do. Seeing old stuff makes one feel more at ease. Though it's like starting from scratch, well....... it really isn't is it.

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, kilgore said:

Love it if enough wrote to Halford and Brough, and Donnie and Dali about this.  And they did a segment on it. CDC deserves at least that. I often wondered if anyone of those shows ever looked at the site.

Ofcourse they looked at CDC. Almost all of them would be members of cdc. They got so much info and topic ideas from cdc. 

I even heard talk show hosts adopt specific positions and arguments that were previously posted on cdc..

I'd expect them to be here on this forum as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

On 9/16/2023 at 7:23 PM, Snoop Hogg said:

What if on the last day cdc is flooded with posts only containing banned/offensive words?

28 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

And swastikas. 

3 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Too far.

Even I wouldn’t do that.

How about sickles and hammers?  They're cut from essentially the same cloth these days.

(I'm more partial towards leaving behind goatse.cx man pics... :bigblush: )

4 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

What if we created an abortion thread that got super heated and to go even longer than the Burrows thread?

A final push to create a new "all-time" record?  It'll be tricky with the short amount of time left.  We've got less than two weeks to have it run that distance.  Plus I would expect there'd still be some degree of enforcement (even though I know they haven't been cracking down these last few days).