[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, Where: Scotiabank Saddledome (aka 2 Points for 'Nucks Arena), When: 7PM PST Dec 2 - The Twin Giraffes & Welcome to Vancouver Z Game

Rocket-68

Well Well Well ... we have (another) trade  

61 members have voted

1. 1. With $2.8M Current (and TDL) Cap Space, what should the Canucks Do?

• Nothing!! I am pissed they did anything, should have kept the cap space intact for the TDL
    • We got Zeke, keep the team intact as is, ride out the storm as we too far away from a true contender yet so let the chips fall where they may. Cap for Summer is GOLD
    • Zack is great, but need to upgrade the D one more time - Columbus is still shopping D
    • Nothing until one of Garland or Kuz moved for more Cap then get another top 4 D (RHD one this time)
    • Addition by subtraction, Chaos Giraffe STILL needs to go then wait for deals to come to the Canucks
    • ... none of the above, but we need to make moves ASAP, see my comments

15 minutes ago, Tusk said:

He has no contract. So I am saying we can have two of these guys for nothing. well, a 3rd and a 5th but we could get Try for the nothing beside zudz. like house with a pool nothing.

See: https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2023/07/nikita-tryamkin-signs-two-year-contract-extension-in-khl.html

Nikita Tryamkin №88

Avtomobilist

Defense

Born

30 August 1994

Country

Russia

Height

Weight

Shoots

Left

Contract to:

Contract type:

Односторонний

Edited by Googlie
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Petey is 50% and Miller is 55%. Pretty darn good I'd say. Asking for great in the dot is oddly specific and isn't really something I care too much about. Pretty sure the Hockey Guy did a video about faceoffs and how overrated they can be. I don't fully agree, but do to an extent. I definitely think you want to be around 50% though. Both of our top 6 guys are. Albeit Petey takes far less than Miller.

Yeah J thought Petey has done a lot better this season, definitely spent some time working on face offs, strength plays a part too. 

I don't expect superman performance from big Z tonight.  Just play his game, don't get too excited and take stupid penalties.  

I think the domino effect will be bigger.  More mins to the 3rd pair, keeps the top pair and second pair fresher.  Nux don't have last change on the road. 

Like when Nux lost Soucy, HH playing too much.  They have been struggling, Nux 4-5 without him. 

Edited by Jaimito

6 hours ago, PAVEL_BURE10 said:

Probably not gonna watch this game. Every time i do, we always end up losing against the flames and when i don’t we win lol 

Watch the game. I watched every game this season and they win or lose, didn't miss a game.  Don't believe in superstitious stuff.  Just enjoy your life, win or lose. :)

1 minute ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

As I recall Coleman spent the entire last game hounding Quinn, and eventually forcing him to take a penalty.

It would be nice if the big Z could splatter him over the boards early in the game tonight and show him what happens to people who mistreat our captain

Kill code initiated 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

As I recall Coleman spent the entire last game hounding Quinn, and eventually forcing him to take a penalty.

It would be nice if the big Z could splatter him over the boards early in the game tonight and show him what happens to people who mistreat our captain

Canucks should do the same thing -  hound some of their key players tonight - maybe get some turnovers - can't keep sitting back withstanding pressure all game without putting some pressure in your opponent as well. 

I am little surprise an RT coach team has had some recent issues with opposing teams initiating a strong fore-check - with all the video available, should be able to find some tendencies.  Looks at SJ at how they have adapted and played so much better in the past week.

Just Win.jpg