[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, Where: Scotiabank Saddledome (aka 2 Points for 'Nucks Arena), When: 7PM PST Dec 2 - The Twin Giraffes & Welcome to Vancouver Z Game

Rocket-68

Well Well Well ... we have (another) trade  

61 members have voted

1. 1. With $2.8M Current (and TDL) Cap Space, what should the Canucks Do?

• Nothing!! I am pissed they did anything, should have kept the cap space intact for the TDL
    • We got Zeke, keep the team intact as is, ride out the storm as we too far away from a true contender yet so let the chips fall where they may. Cap for Summer is GOLD
    • Zack is great, but need to upgrade the D one more time - Columbus is still shopping D
    • Nothing until one of Garland or Kuz moved for more Cap then get another top 4 D (RHD one this time)
    • Addition by subtraction, Chaos Giraffe STILL needs to go then wait for deals to come to the Canucks
    • ... none of the above, but we need to make moves ASAP, see my comments

13 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

He won't get away with as much on this team.

I LOVED the one on Nurse....but of course, the dirty puke came back with a cross check. 

Just about every "head" contact was a result of size difference. What is really impressive is those hits that reverse direction and the air time those hit get, those are bone crushers. Reminds me of a few of Groot's its where he annihilated Benn and others. Boys against men.

Even if he takes a penalty or two the deterrent will be set, every time they see a jersey coming the thought will be there especially if it another big guy like Myers, who could hit like this and might just start and Soucy who does rock worlds every now and then.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Juice said:

BREAKING NEWS: 

Nikita Zadorov has officially issued a trade request from the Vancouver Canucks, sources say.

"I didn't come here for chaos," said the newly acquired 6'6 Russian. "If I want to play with giraffe, I go on safari."

That could potentially be "a chaotic pairing!" 

24 minutes ago, Gurn said:

My 6 foot 6 inch cousin would get asked that question, she would reply "Fine, truly fine. Say, have you played any miniature golf recently?"

Ya, I know a couple of giants, 6'8" and 7'1", they sit so they don't make other feel small. Get a kink in the neck in a conversation, I found standing back about 7 feet helps and I am over 6'1". Ya get to know what the 5'5" wifey feels like. They are brothers, they went to Japan and a lot of folks thought they were on the basket ball team. I met Andre the Giant. Until you meet these giants well it is just not the same as a picture.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

So, you are up for that option but just scratch Kuz from the equation. Personally, I prefer Kuz over Garland even though Garland is always motoring away when on the ice playing the style Tocchet likes. Giving Garland up would make sense if there was an incoming trade that have the overall Canucks net positive on the "better team now" scale. 

I think Tocc need to give Kuzy a longer leash and let him be creative.

Garland I like and am good with keeping but his cap could be better allocated. We could have a 2 million $ guy that can do his job but again I don’t think the player himself is a problem.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

That way of thinking has passed like the ill-fated dodo bird.

We now get fair and judicious treatment by al the officials and the league on and off the ice.

We are now charmed and in the good graces of all that is hockey in the universe.

We are The Cinderella Team of the 2023 2024 Season and it won't be midnight until

We are Drinking From The Stanley Cup in Lord Stanley's Park!

Nah, gambling evened out the game. Wouldn't want the wrong guy tapping the shoulder now. 

But it is time for another Canadian team to make the end of the show, what is it like once in the last 13 years?

Can Rutherford be calling in all those favours now?

Well, this is a good opportunity to get back on the winning track.

A lot of people are harping on the Miller line, but theyre are still putting up points, yeah maybe the effort hasnt been there consistently, but the Miller line is also technically the 2nd line. EP needs to step it up, Meyers has more points than Petey in the past 10 games. The Kuz/Petey/Miky line has not been very good for what is technicaly our 1st line. 

When EP only has 5 points over 10 games, that is not a total thats going to lead to success. The 1st line has had some good looks lately, bit they cant seem to finish.

Hopefully we get a multi point game from Petey. Miller isnt getting younger, when he has to lead the team in scoring, in penalty killing, 5 on 5 etc, its going to wear him out.

Support from the whole team is going to be important to maintain success and keep guys fresh n healthy for the playoffs.

Hope Zadorov has a big game, not a huge fan of Zad, but you cant complain for the price we paid. Great trade.

Looking forward to this one, fingers crossed we can derail Calgary and get back on track to winning ways. Go Canucks Go!!!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

Just about every "head" contact was a result of size difference. What is really impressive is those hits that reverse direction and the air time those hit get, those are bone crushers. Reminds me of a few of Groot's its where he annihilated Benn and others. Boys against men.

Even if he takes a penalty or two the deterrent will be set, every time they see a jersey coming the thought will be there especially if it another big guy like Myers, who could hit like this and might just start and Soucy who does rock worlds every now and then.

I was just going to say this. I wonder how many of those were penalties haha. Awesome regardless 

• Like 1