[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, Where: Scotiabank Saddledome (aka 2 Points for 'Nucks Arena), When: 7PM PST Dec 2 - The Twin Giraffes & Welcome to Vancouver Z Game

Rocket-68

Well Well Well ... we have (another) trade  

61 members have voted

1. 1. With $2.8M Current (and TDL) Cap Space, what should the Canucks Do?

• Nothing!! I am pissed they did anything, should have kept the cap space intact for the TDL
    • We got Zeke, keep the team intact as is, ride out the storm as we too far away from a true contender yet so let the chips fall where they may. Cap for Summer is GOLD
    • Zack is great, but need to upgrade the D one more time - Columbus is still shopping D
    • Nothing until one of Garland or Kuz moved for more Cap then get another top 4 D (RHD one this time)
    • Addition by subtraction, Chaos Giraffe STILL needs to go then wait for deals to come to the Canucks
    • ... none of the above, but we need to make moves ASAP, see my comments

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I definitely look forward to him on the powerplay. Garland's doing great out there but seems to be all him.

The one thing I will say, which I thought about last game, Garland should be like the Hughes of the  2nd PP. 

He's that type of guy. If he looks at it that way, he's amazing at controlling the puck, and if he can distribute it properly, we're golden. 

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Quinn is like the proud dad.

Probs, it's rare for siblings to step into the world's top league and make significant impacts, let alone three siblings 

Haven't seen it since the Staal's 

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Devron said:

I think Tocc need to give Kuzy a longer leash and let him be creative.

Garland I like and am good with keeping but his cap could be better allocated. We could have a 2 million $ guy that can do his job but again I don’t think the player himself is a problem.

With the back side being bolstered. Hopefully that allows for kuz to play to his strengths. RT was stifling his production drilling the 2 way game into his noodle. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Chon derry said:

With the back side being bolstered. Hopefully that allows for kuz to play to his strengths. RT was stifling his production drilling the 2 way game into his noodle. 

IMHAO the coaches know that there will be many games during the long season players don’t have (for whatever reasons) their A games. And to have a good chance to win those it’s important to play a solid defensively minded structure. Kuz Missile is still learning how to play consistently smart defensively with and without the puck. Hogs is in that boat too. Heck, our club is still learning that hard to accept lesson. 

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Myers and Zadorov as a pair? Not sure how I feel about that, could be an absolute tire fire pairing lol.

Tire Fires can be shocking, to say the least. But yeah, adding Big Z, God help us! 

Having said that, I hope the coaches figure it out, and both of them. I just want to win! 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO the coaches know that there will be many games during the long season players don’t have (for whatever reasons) their A games. And to have a good chance to win those it’s important to play a solid defensively minded structure. Kuz Missile is still learning how to play consistently smart defensively with and without the puck. Hogs is in that boat too. Heck, our club is still learning that hard to accept lesson. 

Kuz came from the Russian system which is very positional. He’s also 28 yrs old. Sometimes that old saying comes into play. You can’t teach an old dog new tricks. I say let him play his game and let this big ass backend worry about that. LMHAO ! 

Edited by Chon derry
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

36 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

image.thumb.png.4c7fb863f08b0f65a5cc47709433e890.png

Replace Gino (a Canuck for ever), Antoski and Hunter with Soucy, Zadorov and <insert your selection (name), current or soon to be Canuck>

this pic is a blast from the past

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Gino Shawn and the Shark; maybe you yutes are unfamiliar with Shawn Antoski; here's a tease from when he was with another team, the Milwaukie Admirals  old favorite of mine,

The Quebec Nordiques (may they be resurrected before another franchise is plopped into the Excitied States of America, rant rant):

Edited by Goal_thecup
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

18 hours ago, Tusk said:
BORN:Aug. 30, 1994
BIRTHPLACE:Yekaterinbug, Russia
NATIONALITY:RussiaRussia
SHOOTS:Left
HEIGHT:
6'7"
201cm
WEIGHT:
265 lbs

120kg

We could likely get him for the league minimum..... so why not? Can he defect due to current Russia situation? 

Doesn't his contract let him buy himself out at any time?

8 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Doesn't his contract let him buy himself out at any time?

He has no contract. So I am saying we can have two of these guys for nothing. well, a 3rd and a 5th but we could get Try for the nothing beside zudz. like house with a pool nothing.

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I'm sure this has some sort of tittle to it, didn't look. SO! I believe I'll just name it; Head's up boys, or you'll regret it! 

If I could like, love, There it is at the same time ha ha ah.

• Haha 1