[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, Where: Scotiabank Saddledome (aka 2 Points for 'Nucks Arena), When: 7PM PST Dec 2 - The Twin Giraffes & Welcome to Vancouver Z Game

Rocket-68

Well Well Well ... we have (another) trade  

61 members have voted

1. 1. With $2.8M Current (and TDL) Cap Space, what should the Canucks Do?

• Nothing!! I am pissed they did anything, should have kept the cap space intact for the TDL
    • We got Zeke, keep the team intact as is, ride out the storm as we too far away from a true contender yet so let the chips fall where they may. Cap for Summer is GOLD
    • Zack is great, but need to upgrade the D one more time - Columbus is still shopping D
    • Nothing until one of Garland or Kuz moved for more Cap then get another top 4 D (RHD one this time)
    • Addition by subtraction, Chaos Giraffe STILL needs to go then wait for deals to come to the Canucks
    • ... none of the above, but we need to make moves ASAP, see my comments

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Please folks, go easy on Zadorov. He's got to get used to new team-mates and another new system. It might be a few games before he settles in.

In the meantime we might have two Chaos Giraffes in the back end. Just don't freak out if he makes mistakes.

Whatever.... I think he already knows half the team.

As soon as he rockes a few flames off thier socks he is home.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

"So I've played with Ian Cole in Colorado, played with Tyler Myers in Buffalo my first two years, Pius Suter one year in Chicago"...

Twin giraffe is a potential.  

Canucks was his favorite team growing up.  That's enough for me. Hope he performs well. 

The only thing better would be if Tanev came with him, and calgary retained. Tanev, the rest of your teeth are with Canucks forever.

• Cheers 1

i think Zads might get a few penalties... but I think the team will think they are worthwhile penalties which will help the PK. Myers penalty sucked so bad against Vegas because it was not a penalty. Its hard to PK or be a goalie when you didnt even punish the opposition on the call.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Tryamkin who?

BORN:Aug. 30, 1994
BIRTHPLACE:Yekaterinbug, Russia
NATIONALITY:RussiaRussia
SHOOTS:Left
HEIGHT:
6'7"
201cm
WEIGHT:
265 lbs

120kg

We could likely get him for the league minimum..... so why not? Can he defect due to current Russia situation? 

59 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Please folks, go easy on Zadorov. He's got to get used to new team-mates and another new system. It might be a few games before he settles in.

In the meantime we might have two Chaos Giraffes in the back end. Just don't freak out if he makes mistakes.

As long as he lays out a few bodies, I'm happy.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tofu_Bud said:

This is the game I was really looking forward to.  It’s going to be a war.  

I keep thinking this every time we play them but for whatever reason, the Canucks just don't take Calgary seriously... 

We have a losing record vs the Lames for the past couple of years now and it's because the fLames treat our games as must wins whereas we treat it like just an ordinary game. 

I remember during the Sedin era, we would always show up against them, it would be chippy and physical. I can't remember the last time we took it to them physically, it's always the other way around.

look at last game for example, Posposil was running around and being pesky and we just let him with no pushback.

I hope Zadorov destroys them tomorrow. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1