[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, Where: Scotiabank Saddledome (aka 2 Points for 'Nucks Arena), When: 7PM PST Dec 2 - The Twin Giraffes & Welcome to Vancouver Z Game

Rocket-68

Well Well Well ... we have (another) trade  

61 members have voted

1. 1. With $2.8M Current (and TDL) Cap Space, what should the Canucks Do?

• Nothing!! I am pissed they did anything, should have kept the cap space intact for the TDL
    • We got Zeke, keep the team intact as is, ride out the storm as we too far away from a true contender yet so let the chips fall where they may. Cap for Summer is GOLD
    • Zack is great, but need to upgrade the D one more time - Columbus is still shopping D
    • Nothing until one of Garland or Kuz moved for more Cap then get another top 4 D (RHD one this time)
    • Addition by subtraction, Chaos Giraffe STILL needs to go then wait for deals to come to the Canucks
    • ... none of the above, but we need to make moves ASAP, see my comments

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Zadorov played with Ian Cole on the same pairing in Colorado for over a year. I see them together again. 

Maybe once Soucy's back but for today that would probably mean playing 2 D on their off side. That said my predictions are usually wrong so you're probably right, still I'm gonna guess at

Hughes Hronek

Zadorov Friedman

Cole Myers

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I like to see them bully Vegas, next time they are in town...

Nail Eichel, March or Stone, and make them play with their heads up for a change...

Can't wait to see Zadorov crush them, while clearing the crease in front of Demko...

Anyway, as you rightly say, he needs time to get settled...

This gives us the size we need to deal with their forwards.   Also their forward group isn't as big as it was in the bubble ... no more Tuch and Patches (two 6'4" guys).    For sure it gives us a better chance to deal with them, and Dallas.    LA too. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

December 2, 2023.

CDC is still up, and pending closure notices everywhere.

And a handful of posters are on there.

And CFF keeps growing.

Someone goofed up big time.

CFF?

Canucks Freedom Fighters ? 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I don't see Friedman bumping Juulson out. Put Meyers as 2RD and Juulson at 3RD until Soucy returns. Canucks will have serious physical game which opposing teams coming to Van will dread. 

Zadorov-Myers as a 2nd pair? Might be the tallest combination in the league but could be something of a chaos engine. Not sure that would be fair on Nikita for his first game

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

December 2, 2023.

CDC is still up, and pending closure notices everywhere.

And a handful of posters are on there.

And CFF keeps growing.

Someone goofed up big time.

I think the lawyers got hold of management and convinced them that the possible liabilities outweighed any advantage the forum gave the brand.

15 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Need a win tonight...mostly to settle the masses. 

Love game days so much.....this team gives us as much reason to be optimistic as they do half empty cups. 

Let's go Canucks! Blow Zadorov this game and crush the Flames.

I says what?

Cheeky Deb, cheeky.

5 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Does this need an edit?

(If not, go ahead, Blow Zadorov but don't let the interwebs (thank you George Bush th' really fn stupid) get hold of it or you'll be dragged through the mud like Corey Perry on a Booze Binge.)

I laughed after I typed it and realized the connotation, edited/changed it to "kick", then decided "it stays". 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

I think the lawyers got hold of management and convinced them that the possible liabilities outweighed any advantage the forum gave the brand.

Or they instigated a rebellion that took all the peasents and flame throwers to another forum letting CDC be a place for the new harmless fans with Vintage leading them to the slaughter.

• ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Toni Zamboni said:

you are a noob, get your shit together.

Thank you for the fascinating and thought provoking analysis, quite profound.

Might I suggest you navigate your way over to the GDT Sign Up, select a game or two and write up a GDT. Not sure how to do that, I got you covered:

Step 1 - look around your hovel until you find the mouse, no no not that one - that one is moving, the other one

Step 2 - work out right from left - check the mittens on a string if need be

Step 3 - sort out which is index finger - confused, it is the one mining for gold at the moment

Step 4 - put all three steps together and with the left button on mouse click HERE

J/K --> HERE is the LINK

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

recent another pretty 🤩 decent game when the Canucks met the Flames. Forgive the uninspired play by play dude.

GO CANUCKS GO!

One of many great (and not so great) Canucks/Lames battles that stick in my memory, starting with ‘Otto-gate’ in 89.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1