[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, Where: Scotiabank Saddledome (aka 2 Points for 'Nucks Arena), When: 7PM PST Dec 2 - The Twin Giraffes & Welcome to Vancouver Z Game

Rocket-68

Well Well Well ... we have (another) trade  

61 members have voted

1. 1. With $2.8M Current (and TDL) Cap Space, what should the Canucks Do?

• Nothing!! I am pissed they did anything, should have kept the cap space intact for the TDL
    • We got Zeke, keep the team intact as is, ride out the storm as we too far away from a true contender yet so let the chips fall where they may. Cap for Summer is GOLD
    • Zack is great, but need to upgrade the D one more time - Columbus is still shopping D
    • Nothing until one of Garland or Kuz moved for more Cap then get another top 4 D (RHD one this time)
    • Addition by subtraction, Chaos Giraffe STILL needs to go then wait for deals to come to the Canucks
    • ... none of the above, but we need to make moves ASAP, see my comments

38 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

recent another pretty 🤩 decent game when the Canucks met the Flames. Forgive the uninspired play by play dude.

GO CANUCKS GO!

I remember that game like it was yesterday. I sure miss that team, we had so many gamers/playoff performers, it was a good time to be a Canuck fan.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Let's goooo! 

No letdown tonight. Did Zadorov stay in Calgary? Cause that would seem to make the most sense instead of shuffling him back and forth. Excited to see Zadorov play. People seem to think he's a left handed version of Myers. Is that a good thing? 

3 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I hope pettey drinks his martian juice.

These teams hate each other, plus hogs pissed them off last year and now z is one of us. Should be a high energy game, miller will be right at home in it.

Like to see Quinn get some points.

Yes this would be a good game for Petey to show his worth. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Yes this would be a good game for Petey to show his worth. 

I don't think we should look at it that way. We can't afford to lose Petey and he's shown his worth. Cut him some slack, he's growing his game and is likely hampered by something right now but still finds a way to help.

He's worth every penny we're going to pay him.

• Cheers 4

13 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm assuming Zeke and Zack are Zad in the poll questions?

Anyway, I hope all 3 have a great first game with us.

Yes,

Zeke (Zek) is short-hand for a Russian criminal in a penal colony since Zadorov plays like one at times

Zack = Zad, just because

Fun Fact: sometimes Zad's ex-team mates called him "Bobby" for some reason or another ... source: click HERE

Edited by Rocket-68

7 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Yes,

Zeke (Zek) is short-hand for a Russian criminal in a penal colony since Zadorov plays like one at times

Zack = Zad, just because

Fun Fact: sometimes Zad's ex-team mates sometimes called him "Bobby" for some reason or another ... source: click HERE

Go Bobby

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I don't think we should look at it that way. We can't afford to lose Petey and he's shown his worth. Cut him some slack, he's growing his game and is likely hampered by something right now but still finds a way to help.

He's worth every penny we're going to pay him.

If that is the case then I would like to see him fight through it or get off the ice until you can be effective and help your team win. I have seen how he can play and be very effective but that level of play has not been there for quite a few games now. 

Worth every penny depends on how many "pennies" we are going to pay him. :classic_biggrin:

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

39 minutes ago, PAVEL_BURE10 said:

Probably not gonna watch this game. Every time i do, we always end up losing against the flames and when i don’t we win lol 

That's nonsense.  Enjoy the game.

Unless you're a butterfly half-way 'round the globe, you have no influence on much of anything.

Enjoy yourself, while you're still in the pink.

Madness.  They call it Madness.  To miss the fn game.  That is MADNESS:

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Love this thread: Starts out with a whimper then BAM! 

Dukin' it out first thing in the am.  Gotta love it. 

Rock 'em Sock 'em!  Don Cherry (sorry, I mean @Chon derry) Hockey!! 

Dump it in and hit somebody...HARD!  Hurry Hard!! 

OP vs TZ - - A Battle For The Ages (or between the ages?) Throw Down You Two!  Lets FN Go!

Let's see Tocc's impersonation of Torts!

fight-1.gif90Uui76.gif

I love Torts and that game totally sealed that deal. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Fourish years ago, it hurt like a b!tch seeing Tanev and Markstrom sign with the Flames, our bloody rivals, and seeing them continue to play against us regularly in such meaningful games. While Zadorov isn't on their level, I hope he throws his weight around tonight, in the Flames barn, and turns the table on match ups that feature former teammates now rivals. This game has become bigger than two points, and we need this one to send a message to the Flames, and the league. We are ready for you! 

Edited by Slegr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Devron said:

I hate the move Kuzy part in the polls 

So, you are up for that option but just scratch Kuz from the equation. Personally, I prefer Kuz over Garland even though Garland is always motoring away when on the ice playing the style Tocchet likes. Giving Garland up would make sense if there was an incoming trade that have the overall Canucks net positive on the "better team now" scale. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1