[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, Where: Scotiabank Saddledome (aka 2 Points for 'Nucks Arena), When: 7PM PST Dec 2 - The Twin Giraffes & Welcome to Vancouver Z Game

Rocket-68

Well Well Well ... we have (another) trade  

61 members have voted

1. 1. With $2.8M Current (and TDL) Cap Space, what should the Canucks Do?

• Nothing!! I am pissed they did anything, should have kept the cap space intact for the TDL
    • We got Zeke, keep the team intact as is, ride out the storm as we too far away from a true contender yet so let the chips fall where they may. Cap for Summer is GOLD
    • Zack is great, but need to upgrade the D one more time - Columbus is still shopping D
    • Nothing until one of Garland or Kuz moved for more Cap then get another top 4 D (RHD one this time)
    • Addition by subtraction, Chaos Giraffe STILL needs to go then wait for deals to come to the Canucks
    • ... none of the above, but we need to make moves ASAP, see my comments

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I don't believe in putting all the eggs in one basket/on one player to help save the day.

But I DO believe that having a Zadorov in the line up will make a difference...at least I hope so. Petey and Quinn are being targeted a lot so this may help deter some of that at least. Although I also thought that with Tryamkin and Myers and we know that wasn't really the case.

At least neither will have to answer the bell with players like Z on the ice, if they are being targeted... 

Having a few big brothers on the team always helps. 😉

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Probably as long as we have been searching for the elusive PMD like Hughes? To have both of them on the same team is like a dream come true for me. The "Fun Factor" for this team just went up by a mile. :classic_biggrin:

Exactly, so exciting now. 

We now have not only a PMD in Huggy, we have a WMD in Z

George W. will be on the lookout.

• ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

The reason I was drooling over the idea of acquiring Soucy since about this time last year ... was because of what I noticed about him during the MIN bubble series.   Personally felt he was their most impactful D.   Why?  Because he used his size every shift, and made it awfully hard on our forwards.   Plus he's solid and wouldn't cost us a lot of cap space.  We now have two guys that can obliterate players at any given moment.   Last time we had that, was when Ohlund was patrolling the blue line.      

We've gone from a puny, undersized defense - just Schenn and Myers really the past couple years, to one of bigger D's in the league.   That's with QHs and Hronek.   Takes a village.   And given those two guys are our crown jewels, i'm just stoked Allvin and JR fixed that.   Been way, way too long.    We now have two scary D's, plus Myers.    Can't wait for Soucy to come back. 

Excellent post, nothing more needs to be said about it. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Ahhh the memories 

6 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

What is preventing me from doing that !?!?!!!

Jumping mostly naked with large blades into freezing water....ummm ....let me see...

I could provide an extensive list of reasons.

• Haha 3