[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, Where: Scotiabank Saddledome (aka 2 Points for 'Nucks Arena), When: 7PM PST Dec 2 - The Twin Giraffes & Welcome to Vancouver Z Game

Rocket-68

Well Well Well ... we have (another) trade  

61 members have voted

1. 1. With $2.8M Current (and TDL) Cap Space, what should the Canucks Do?

• Nothing!! I am pissed they did anything, should have kept the cap space intact for the TDL
    • We got Zeke, keep the team intact as is, ride out the storm as we too far away from a true contender yet so let the chips fall where they may. Cap for Summer is GOLD
    • Zack is great, but need to upgrade the D one more time - Columbus is still shopping D
    • Nothing until one of Garland or Kuz moved for more Cap then get another top 4 D (RHD one this time)
    • Addition by subtraction, Chaos Giraffe STILL needs to go then wait for deals to come to the Canucks
    • ... none of the above, but we need to make moves ASAP, see my comments

Zadorov taking Soucy's spot beside Meyers tonight..

Can't wait for game to start. 

I don't expect him to throw any bone crushing hits in 1st game vs his old team. 

I do look forward to watching him closely and seeing his game in Canucks unis

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Zadorov taking Soucy's spot beside Meyers tonight..

Can't wait for game to start. 

I don't expect him to throw any bone crushing hits in 1st game vs his old team. 

I do look forward to watching him closely and seeing his game in Canucks unis

You don't expect him to throw any? My guy is going to absolutely blow up a few of them. 

• ThereItIs 2

Trade Boeser, easy to replace and now he plays Horvat's old spot he has added value. Last year it was team's wanted retention and sweeteners now maybe trade for RHD Barrie straight across or whatever. Get the cap space. Doing it now might have an added benefit, Barrie's best years came in Colorado with Zadorov. And Barrie's contract expires this year also a home town guy.

Edit;

Boeser has six 5 on 5 goals while playing with #2 point guy in the league Miller, 8 goals on the PP playing with Miller 2nd, Hughes 5th and Pettersson 8th in the league. Three empty net goals too. Hoglander has seven 5 on 5 goals playing less than 60% of Boeser's ice time and without playing with 3 of the leagues top scorers. 10 min/gm vs 19min/gm

Hog has more hits, more blocks, 3X more takeaways per 60 min, just slightly more giveaways per 60 min, same number of hits but in half the time ....

Garland is no better

So Hoglander must be better, no?

Selling this idea should not be so hard, he is slow on the ice, does not beat dmen, isn't even shooting that hard anymore, he was never as good as Horvat was and he was replaced. He even agreed to move getting his agent trying to find another team. Why they big issue? He is going at some point no matter what. No GM wants a player on his team that doesn't want to be there and recanting once doesn't mean there won't be another change of mind so move the guy out when possible and best for the team.

The whole Barrie thing is just the cap space and moving a term contract for when the space is needed the most without retention or sweetening the deal.

To me, not thinking of the future, I would not take another little guy on defence on the team BUT there is the added possibility that Barrie might catch fire for a cup run playing with a partner when he was very good. But the cap space next year will be IMO critical and he has an expiring contract. Who knows maybe he does catch fire and interest and the team can trade his rights for a 6th or 7th round pick at the end of the season or include those rights in a draft day deal.

Edited by TheGuardian
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So Cole/Friedman back together I would assume?

Thought they might go Zadorov/Cole considering they played together in Colorado.

Lets hope they keep it simple tonight and don’t get caught out of position too much.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, TheGuardian said:

Trade Boeser, easy to replace and now he plays Horvat's old spot he has added value. Last year it was team's wanted retention and sweetners now maybe trade for RHD Barrie straight across or whatever. Get the cap space. Doing it now might have an added benefit, Barrie's best years came in Colorado with Zadorov. And Barrie's contract expires this year also a home town guy.

Team is struggling big time to score in any scenario. 5on5 and PP. You proposed to trade away our leading goal scorer this year, and the guy who has the most goals as a canuck over the last 5 years... for more defense?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So Cole/Friedman back together in would assume?

Thought they might go Zadorov/Cole considering they played together in Chicago.

Lets hope they keep it simple tonight and don’t get caught out of position too much.

Have they shown the D pairings yet? I assumed Cole/Big Z. 

Just now, JayDangles said:

Sounds like they’re going with the two big men.

A little surprised considering the scouting report on Zadorov is he tends to get caught out of position similar to Myers.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Myers and Zadorov were together during game day stake, but I wouldn't put a huge amount of stock in that as a "written in stone" pairing. I suspect Tocchet and Foote will have the D under a magnifying glass during game and over next few games ... Captain Obvious here. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

A little surprised considering the scouting report on Zadorov is he tends to get caught out of position similar to Myers.

Roger. Smart though.

they will cancel eachother out. If two defenseman are out of position at the same time, then they are probably actually in position. Myers will be where Z is supposed to be and vice versa.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Roger. Smart though.

they will cancel eachother out. If two defenseman are out of position at the same time, then they are probably actually in position. Myers will be where Z is supposed to be and vice versa.

What did I just read 😵‍💫

16 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Team is struggling big time to score in any scenario. 5on5 and PP. You proposed to trade away our leading goal scorer this year, and the guy who has the most goals as a canuck over the last 5 years... for more defense?

The team is struggling scoring? They are the highest scoring team in the league, 92 goals in 24 games. Ya I use that illusion as an example but most folks will just see the 92 goals.

Big deal Boeser moves, no bigger than trading Horvat last year then the team exploded up the standings after he was gone and scoring went up.

Just move Kuzmenko back to the spot he had when Horvat moved on. Kuzmenko had 39 goals last year 14 on the PP, Boeser has 8, Horvat had 11 goals but both of them also had twice the number of 5 on 5 goals. Boeser is a Cy Young guy and over half his goals are PP or empty netters. The only loss to the team is that huge cap hit and a player that doesn't generate offence without help.  At $5,211 per minute and $123,148 per point last year.

Edited by TheGuardian

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They hold hands and stretch the sticks out. Boards to boards. 🤣 PK for sure

Edited by TheGuardian
  • Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1