[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, Where: Scotiabank Saddledome (aka 2 Points for 'Nucks Arena), When: 7PM PST Dec 2 - The Twin Giraffes & Welcome to Vancouver Z Game

Rocket-68

Well Well Well ... we have (another) trade  

61 members have voted

1. 1. With $2.8M Current (and TDL) Cap Space, what should the Canucks Do?

• Nothing!! I am pissed they did anything, should have kept the cap space intact for the TDL
    • We got Zeke, keep the team intact as is, ride out the storm as we too far away from a true contender yet so let the chips fall where they may. Cap for Summer is GOLD
    • Zack is great, but need to upgrade the D one more time - Columbus is still shopping D
    • Nothing until one of Garland or Kuz moved for more Cap then get another top 4 D (RHD one this time)
    • Addition by subtraction, Chaos Giraffe STILL needs to go then wait for deals to come to the Canucks
    • ... none of the above, but we need to make moves ASAP, see my comments

22 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

Trade Boeser, easy to replace and now he plays Horvat's old spot he has added value. Last year it was team's wanted retention and sweetners now maybe trade for RHD Barrie straight across or whatever. Get the cap space. Doing it now might have an added benefit, Barrie's best years came in Colorado with Zadorov. And Barrie's contract expires this year also a home town guy.

No

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Happily canceled work holiday event tonight due to illness.

Convenient that I have to be parked in front of tv now.

Go Canucks Go!

Before I RVSP'd our party that was last night....checked the schedule.

"Yep, good to go"

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

42 minutes ago, Dom said:

You don't expect him to throw any? My guy is going to absolutely blow up a few of them. 

Nah I don't think so..

Just 2 days ago he was a part of their locker room. 

He'll take the body along the boards but I'd be surprised to see a hit like he threw against Bertuzzi in Toronto. 

I don't expect a big open ice hit. 

Maybe next game vs the Flames he'll go there.

Great ju ju that Zadorov was a Canucks fan before he joined the NHL.  Love that. It would be interesting to hear why.

How he was jealous of Bo being traded to Vancouver at the draft.

Although I think its dumb to saddle him with the chaos giraffe for his first shifts.  Also what's the point in two bigger, and slower D on the same line? With Myers as one of them, it does not bode well. Why not spread the size out to different lines?

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, IBatch said:

Yep.   Give him the month of December.  Or at least 4-5 games.   Hronek (albiet not 100%), didn't shine right off the hop, Soucy also took a few games to settle in as well.    Seems like he wants to be exactly where he is now.    That's a good thing for us.    Still amazed Allvin pulled this off, starting with the Beauviller trade.   Just goes to show, that cap space is king right now. 

Tonight's game should be a blast.   Will Zadarov go easy on his old team?  Things could be interesting.   We now have two guys, that can Ohlund guys (destroy them), and change the complexion of a game (or series hopefully) with physicality alone.    Aside from Edlers first couple seasons, and some Ballard hip checks, that's not something we've seen much of for a very long time.    

Allvin gets three thumbs up!   

Raffi Torres has entered the chat.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

16 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Please folks, go easy on Zadorov. He's got to get used to new team-mates and another new system. It might be a few games before he settles in.

In the meantime we might have two Chaos Giraffes in the back end. Just don't freak out if he makes mistakes.

Yes this

Please.. 

It'll take a month to settle in and learn the systems..

But I'm sure he'll provide us some big moments with bone crushing hits now and then. That will get us off the couch and keep the dogs off his back.

But ya ... he'll make mistakes and take time to get used to his new team mates. 

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Roger. Smart though.

they will cancel eachother out. If two defenseman are out of position at the same time, then they are probably actually in position. Myers will be where Z is supposed to be and vice versa.

Yeah, it'll be good chaos.  Good chaos is a thing right?  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Nah I don't think so..

Just 2 days ago he was a part of their locker room. 

He'll take the body along the boards but I'd be surprised to see a hit like he threw against Bertuzzi in Toronto. 

I don't expect a big open ice hit. 

Maybe next game vs the Flames he'll go there.

If The Fool (Mr. T voice) don't give up da puck, his ass be shit out-ta luck!

mr-t-mad.gif

There.  Thank you.  Now was that so hard?

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, TheGuardian said:

Trade Boeser, easy to replace and now he plays Horvat's old spot he has added value. Last year it was team's wanted retention and sweetners now maybe trade for RHD Barrie straight across or whatever. Get the cap space. Doing it now might have an added benefit, Barrie's best years came in Colorado with Zadorov. And Barrie's contract expires this year also a home town guy.

IMG_4548.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 2

16 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

The team is struggling scoring? They are the highest scoring team in the league, 92 goals in 24 games. Ya I use that illusion as an example but most folks will just see the 92 goals.

Big deal Boeser moves, no bigger than trading Horvat last year then the team exploded up the standings after he was gone and scoring went up.

Just move Kuzmenko back to the spot he had when Horvat moved on. Kuzmenko had 39 goals last year 14 on the PP, Boeser has 8, Horvat had 11 goals but both of them also had twice the number of 5 on 5 goals. Boeser is a Cy Young guy and over half his goals are PP or empty netters. The only loss to the team is that huge cap hit and a player that doesn't generate offence without help.  At $5,211 per minute and $123,148 per point last year.

I get the stats show we have strong scoring, but I guess it depends on which team you see the canucks as. The team from the first 14 games, or the team from the last 11.

There's been a real lack of goals the last dozen games. I'm thinking the team is more like what we see currently, and not the hot start.

I think Boes brings a lot for what he is paid for.(at least this year) If you want more scoring it's going to cost you $8m-$10m. His contract is definitely not bad this year.

If we want more scoring I really think we need to rely on some of the up and coming guys to fill that gap. Lekkermaki, Podz, Raty. We need these young guys to step up.

Also, I wouldnt touch the Defence until we've had time to properly evaluate

Hughes

Hronek

Myers

Soucy

Zadorov

Cole

That looks pretty good to me

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Happily canceled work holiday event tonight due to illness.

Convenient that I have to be parked in front of tv now.

Go Canucks Go!

Someone always ends up being fired in one of those. At least at my job lmfao

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I don't think we should look at it that way. We can't afford to lose Petey and he's shown his worth. Cut him some slack, he's growing his game and is likely hampered by something right now but still finds a way to help.

He's worth every penny we're going to pay him.

I think most agree, it's just he's not himself. I'd rather give him a break and then let him regroup. But maybe he needs to play through it. Just a shame as Miller has continued to do so many good things out there.

• Cheers 1