[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, Where: Scotiabank Saddledome (aka 2 Points for 'Nucks Arena), When: 7PM PST Dec 2 - The Twin Giraffes & Welcome to Vancouver Z Game

Rocket-68

Well Well Well ... we have (another) trade  

61 members have voted

1. 1. With $2.8M Current (and TDL) Cap Space, what should the Canucks Do?

• Nothing!! I am pissed they did anything, should have kept the cap space intact for the TDL
    • We got Zeke, keep the team intact as is, ride out the storm as we too far away from a true contender yet so let the chips fall where they may. Cap for Summer is GOLD
    • Zack is great, but need to upgrade the D one more time - Columbus is still shopping D
    • Nothing until one of Garland or Kuz moved for more Cap then get another top 4 D (RHD one this time)
    • Addition by subtraction, Chaos Giraffe STILL needs to go then wait for deals to come to the Canucks
    • ... none of the above, but we need to make moves ASAP, see my comments

21 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I’m not sure he’s capable of calling a decent game in general. 

I agree. The first time I heard him, I was like, "This guy is so dull. Too monotone." 

His voice reminds me of the guy in "Liar, Liar," who was the new "beau" of Jim Carey's ex. 

Good thing we won tonight but this team is still in funk in more ways than one.

Their tight forechecking game in the neutral zone only comes out in spurts, and their passes misses tape more often than not. On defence clean breakouts are very few and far between and missed assignments are everywhere.

In short, they are still not playing the style of hockey that's took them where they are today.

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Im thinking thats not a W if there was no Zadorov and we had Friedman in there along with Juulsen.

Probably not - it’s a big drop off from our now “top 6” (Hughes, Hronek, Cole, Zadorov, Soucy and yes even Myers) to Juulsen, Friedman, etc.  and, of course, they’re all paid 3-4x or more than Juulsen and Friedman as well - so they should be better.

• Cheers 1