[PGT] Canucks at Flames - F*** CBC Edition

Roger Neilsons Towel

It looks like we’re fighting through some sort of learning curve… This team needs to figure out how to pull it back together again to find another gear because I think teams know how to play us now - we have to adjust our strategy because teams have adjusted to us and we’re not as effective as we used to be 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

It looks like we’re fighting through some sort of learning curve… This team needs to figure out how to pull it back together again to find another gear because I think teams know how to play us now - we have to adjust our strategy because teams have adjusted to us and we’re not as effective as we used to be 

I actually don’t think we play very good tonight.  We got on the board early but then slacked off for most of the game until the last few minutes of the third. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Talk to me in 20 games. We’ll see where he’s at on a “playoff” team

with new coaching. 

Sure.... Calgary, Buffalo, Chicago, Colorado all couldn't do it, I suppose we can.... Just saying don't get your expectations to high with him at all. But get back after 20 games if you wish. 

48 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Tell me how it's crap 

was there or was there not defensive mistakes

Is this really the way you want to see the Canucks win against non playoff teams

It's obvious that the Canucks are not playing that good, but at the same time, a win is still a win. The players know what they have to do to play better. Now it's up to them to play better.

12 minutes ago, Power-Forward said:

I actually don’t think we play very good tonight.  We got on the board early but then slacked off for most of the game until the last few minutes of the third. 

Team is probably pacing itself not trying super hard and burning itself out - it’s a long season… It’s learning how to win and learning how to be efficient and maybe they have injuries so they’re not playing as hard as they can?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

It's obvious that the Canucks are not playing that good, but at the same time, a win is still a win. The players know what they have to do to play better. Now it's up to them to play better.

At least we agree that they aren't playing good.

Where we disagree is that I think the players are playing good the coach needs to get them playing better than good and that is having a response other then words but in the structure of play. Tocchet's has a lot of words but no response in the structure

4 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Team is probably pacing itself not trying super hard and burning itself out - it’s a long season… It’s learning how to win and learning how to be efficient and maybe they have injuries so they’re not playing as hard as they can?

That's a loser mentality.

Make the playoffs than rest players that's what contenders do 

4 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Meh in the last 10 games vegas is a game above .500, Boston kinda the same trajectory. Tampa has lost 4 straight. 82 games in a season. Ebbs and flows always happened and always will.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Vancan said:

I'll say it again, he was a 5th to 6th defenseman on a non playoff team. Don't expect him to be anything but, you'll be disappointed if you expect a big hitter, shot blocker, solid reliable defenseman.  He is not that at all.  

Tell me you've never watched Zadorov play without telling me you've never watched Zadorov play. 

52 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Vegas lost Theodore and Martinez from their D and had to re-adjust the Canucks lost Soucy and haven't re-adjusted since. what happens if they lose Hughes or Hronek

48 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Well NJ is about to own us and they aren't even a playoff team 

Can you stop bitching and moaning about nothing for once or is that impossible for you?

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Don't get me wrong Tocchet could win a Jack Adams trophy.

But is 1 and done ok with this fan base in the playoffs. 

Likely Veg and Col will be playing the wildcards. Id Say Dallas plays Wpg. So LA vs Van. IF we beat LA or possibly Dal, then it would be Vegas, IF we beat Veg, then it would be Col.

LA, VEG, COL before even a chance at the cup.... Tall task is an understatement.

56 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

Vegas lost Theodore and Martinez from their D and had to re-adjust the Canucks lost Soucy and haven't re-adjusted since. what happens if they lose Hughes or Hronek

Wow you worry a lot. It's OK to enjoy wins, even if they are not perfect. The Canucks are 13-0 when leading after 2 periods. Compare that to last year... this is a much stronger team, one that I love to watch.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

Tell me you've never watched Zadorov play without telling me you've never watched Zadorov play. 

Can you stop bitching and moaning about nothing for once or is that impossible for you?

Well I live in Calgary, so ya I seen him play a tad. All I was saying is don't get to hyped up with him, thinking he will take us to the next tier and hang with the big boys. We are better with him, then without I suppose, buuuut not that much better. 

GO NUCKS!!!! 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Well I live in Calgary, so ya I seen him play a tad. All I was saying is don't get to hyped up with him, thinking he will take us to the next tier and hang with the big boys. We are better with him, then without I suppose, buuuut not that much better. 

GO NUCKS!!!! 

You said he wasn't a big hitter so don't be surprised if I don't take what you say seriously.